Chapter 86

Chapter about Mike meeting Jada ❤

Mike's POV
"Hey." The woman a few seats down from me at the bar said with a smile, catching me staring at her. He was so beautiful. She had dark skin and golden brown eyes. Her curly hair was pulled up in a pony tail and she wearing a black tube top and blue skinny jeans. She was rocking a pair of black old skool Vans and a cute nose stud. She was with two friends. One of them was an Asian girl with a bob haircut, wearing round glasses and a pink crop top, white skinny jeans and converse. The other friend was a pale red head, wearing a black Metallica tshirt, ripped black jeans and a pair of Timbs. They all looked like young college girls and I wasn't sure if I wanted to get involved with another young person because I remembered how it was a little hard in the beginning dating Chester.

My heart stopped when she spoke to me. I cleared my throat and spoke. "Hey." I almost breathed with a smile. She said something to one of her friends and scooted down to me. "What's your name?" She asked, putting an elbow on my shoulder. I swallowed kind of nervously and looked behind her at her friends staring at us.

"Mike. What's yours?" I asked. "Jada." She said. "Jada? Like-" "Yes like Jada Pinkett Smith." She said with a playful eyeroll and laugh. I smiled. "What's a cute boy like you doing here alone on a perfectly good Friday night?" She asked. I shrugged. "None of my friends wanted to go out with me, so here I am." "You don't have a girlfriend?" She asked. "I just went through a pretty rough divorce." I said. She gave me a sympathetic look and nodded. "I'm sorry." "It's okay. Him and I are still close and we've got a daughter together." I said. "Oh. So are you bi? Or gay?" She asked. "I'm bi." I said. She nodded and smiled. "I'm pan, so that's cool." She said. I smiled back and nodded. "And you've got a daughter?" She said. I chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, she's amazing." I said. She smiled and looked at her friends.

"How about we get out of here?" She asked. "What about your girlfriends?" I asked. She shrugged. "They'll be fine. Last week, Val, the red head, left Becca and I all alone at some sketchy party to go fuck some girl so this can be pay back." She said. "Sounds like you have an interesting lifestyle." I said as I got up and put on my jacket. She shrugged. "I'm 25 and just graduated college. Just trying to live my life to the fullest before I settle down." She said.

So she's a year younger than Chester? I don't know about this...

"You don't wanna settle down, but you wanna hang out with me? A 35 year old divorced dude with a one and a half year old?" I asked. She shrugged. "I like older men, and you seem sweet and are cute." She said. I chuckled. "Okay." I said. I put money on the bar for my drinks and walked over to her friends. I have them some money for their drinks as well.

"Thanks cutie." Becca said. I chuckled. "You're welcome. You guys have a nice night." I said. "You too." The red head, Val, said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and smiled. Jada took my hand in hers and we walked out to my car.

"A Mercedes?! My God. You're loaded huh?" She asked. I shrugged and we got in. "I'll tell you right now. If your looking for a sugar daddy or some shit, you're gonna have look elsewhere." I said. She shook her head. "I'm not. I'm just out here trying to meet people and if a relationship comes out of it, great. If a friendship comes out of it, that's great too. If we never talk again, that's fine as well." I smiled and nodded.

"So what do you wanna do when we get to your house?" She asked with a smirk. "Look... I know what you want, but... how about we just get to know eachother? Yeah? I've had too many one night stands in the past couple months and I'm over it. Let's just hang and if tonight goes good, maybe I can take you out for dinner and do things right." I said. She smiled. "I like how you think Mr. Mike. Hanging out is perfectly fine with me. I want you to tell me all about your ex and your daughter and your family and what I could potentially be getting myself into if I dated you." She said. I chuckled. "Okay."

Once we got to my house, I glanced over at Chester's house and saw him, Ryan and Max getting out of the car. "That's my ex, his best friend and daughter right there." I said as I pointed to them. "Aw... I can't see her well but she looks cute. The tall guy is cute too. Holy shit. You've gotta give me his number." She said. I rolled my eyes. "His name is Ryan. Him and I get along fine, but I can tell he doesn't really care for me." I said with a shrug. "Oh." She said. We got out of my car and went inside. I got us some wine, and we sat on the couch and just talked.

"So what's your daughter's name?" She asked. "Maxlynn Kohana." I said. "That's adorable." I smiled. "Thank you. Here's a picture of her." I said as I reached onto the coffee table and grabbed a photo of her and Chester being the dorks they are at the beach. "Aw... is that your ex? He looks sweet. What happened with you two?" She asked, handing me the frame back. I sighed.

"A lot of things happened with us. When he was a teen, he was into drugs. He quit, but something happened to him last year that triggered him to start again. He wouldn't quit and my breaking point was watching him do coke in front of Max. He's a good dad, the best dad, he just wasn't thinking straight at that time. He left but then we worked things out and then earlier this year... we just realized we didn't love eachother that way anymore. We figured splitting up would be best for us and it was. We're both a lot happier now." I said.

"Woah. That's a lot to take in." She said. I nodded. "Tell me about you." I said. "Well... my name is Jada Jacobs. Um... I'm originally from Nevada, but moved here to go to college for film making. My mom and dad still live there. I had a little brother, named James and he was 19, but he passed away last year in a car accident. He was drinking and driving." She said. She started to tear up a little. "I'm sorry.." She said as she wiped her eyes. "Don't be sorry... it's alright." I said. "Some days are so hard, but other days are better." She said. I scooted over and out my arms around her. She hugged me back and sighed. "Sorry for bringing down the mood." She said. "It's okay." I said.

"Tell about what you do for a living. How the hell can you afford a big ass house, a Mercedes and a Jeep?" "I'm a rapper, singer, producer. If it's related to music, I've probably done it." I said with a little laugh. She smiled. "Ah... a music man eh? That's cool I can play piano." "Paino is the best instrument." I said. "It really is."

I smiled and just looked at her. She smiled back and looked away shyly. I just pulled her back in for another hug and held her there.

The more we talked the more I liked her. I knew that this wouldn't be our only night together. I wanted to take her out, kiss her for the first time, make her laugh until her insides ached.

I knew I was already falling for her.