Rumor Has It

(Y/n)'s POV

It was now monday morning. I was getting ready for school.

Memories of this weekend were flooding through my mind. The party, kissing Laurence.

We haven't really talked about that yet. But while having lunch with my dad, Laurence held my hand the entire time.

I look at the time on my phone. 7:00. I needed to hurry.

I ran out of my room, into the hallway and then into the bathroom. I watched myself in the mirror as I brushed my teeth and then brushed my (h/c) hair.

I ran to my room, grabbed my bag, and then went down the stairs as fast as I can. I wanted to be early today. I wanted to see Laurence. Maybe I could even talk to him about what had happened the morning after the party.

It took me about fifteen minutes to walk to Phoenix Drop High. When I got there, I immediately found my group of friends. They were by the fountain.

"Hey (Y/n)!" Aphmau cheered as I walked towards them. "We haven't seen you since the party. Speaking of which, you kinda disappeared."

Laurence and I made eye contact. He walked over to me and gave me a small hug.

"(Y/n) and I left the party early." Laurence shrugged. "She wasn't feeling to good."

It wasn't totally a lie.

I felt Laurence's hand grip mine a little firmly. I blushed.

"Oh, well are you okay now, (Y/n)? If you're not feeling good, you shouldn't even have come to school." Garroth said, a little concerned.

I smiled. "I'm completely fine now. I think the whole party scene was just a little too overwhelming for me.."

The bell rang, and Laurence looked at me. "I gotta get to class. My first period is on the top floor. But I'll catch you later."

I smile. "Yeah, I wanna talk to you during lunch by the way."

He nodded and then turned and walked away.

Kawaii~Chan was huddled up next to me, almost screaming. I hadn't even noticed. I look over at her. "Uhm. Hi, Kawaii~Chan."

Kawaii~Chan giggled. "You and Laurence are happening! My ship is sailing!"

"What?" I stare at her blankly.

"Oh, come on, (Y/n)! You guys are basically acting like a couple. Did something happen between you two?" Dante smirked.

I stared at Dante for a split second, remembering that Gene was his older brother. "Um," I blush. "We had a... Moment. I guess you could say."

Aphmau grinned. "SPILL THE TEA!"

"Jee, I wish I could. But I gotta head to class. I don't wanna be late to class." I laugh nervously, then sprint off.

Before I even made it to class, I spotted Gene with his fellow Shadow Knights. I stopped in my tracks and cracked my knuckles.

They didn't even see me as I walked towards Gene. He was facing the other way. They all seemed to be in deep conversation.

Then Sasha saw me. "Gene-"

I punched Gene in the jaw from behind.

He growled intensely as he turned to look at me. "Well, well, well. Look who we have here. (Y/n) (L/n)."

I growl, and once again, cracked my knuckles. "You almost raped me."

"I could've but I wasn't planning on it." He shrugged, as if he had done nothing wrong.

"You drugged me. I could go to the police with this information. I could sue you." I smirked.

Gene grinned and pinned me against the wall.

The bell rang, signaling that I was late to class.

"That's exactly what you're not gonna do, princess. Are we clear?"

I spat in his face. "We're not clear."

Gene laughed. "You see, (Y/n). My dad owns a company. And luckily for me, your dad works for my dad. I know you guys aren't very good on money. I know you're pretty poor, (Y/n). I know your dad struggles with money. Thanks to my father, your dad has a job. Well guess what?"

My eyes widened. He was threatening me with something he damn well knew was going to work.

"I can take your dads job away just as quickly as he earned it." Gene chuckled. "Now, are we clear?"

I swallowed. Tears were fighting to escape my eyes, but I would not allow them. I nodded my head slowly and Gene set me down.

I quickly left and headed to the restroom.

Once I checked that the restroom was completely empty, I walked into a stall, locked it and began to cry.

I couldn't believe that my father was being used against me. He didn't even know of this. He doesn't know that his boss's son drugged his daughter and wanted to go as far as rape.

I hear the restroom door open, and immediately stop crying. I ugly cry. And my ugly cry comes with alot of ugly noise.

"Did you hear who hooked up with who at Ivy's party?" Asked person #1. She had one of those annoying popular girl voices. But I had never heard her voice before.

"O-M-G! No I didn't spill the tea, girl!" Voice #2 says. Another voice I didn't recognize. I didn't know what was worse, her voice or her literally saying OMG instead of oh my god.

"You know that one dude? The leader of the ShadowKnights?" Voice #1.

"Gene's his name. What a hottie! He's so badass, too! Would totally smash." Voice #2.

"Well, guess who hooked up with him?" Voice #1.

"OMG girl just tell me!" Voice #2.

"You know that girl who's been hanging out with Laurence's and Garroth's group lately? The one who used to sit by herself and just stare at everyone? The creepy one. Y'know, the one we'd used to make fun of all the time. We'd call her a stalker. Rumor has it, her and Gene had a little bit of fun that night." Voice #1.

"Holy shit, no! You're kidding!" Voice #2.

"Nope. I heard from someone that they saw them go into Ivy's room and didn't see them come out!" Voice #1.

My eyes widened. People knew about this? But they didn't know the truth. They only knew lies. Gene and I didn't hook up. I didn't hook up with him willingly, at least.

I clenched my fist together so tight that I ended up cutting my hand open with my nails.

I heard them leave, and walked out of the stall. I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were still red and puffy from crying.

The bell rang, signaling that first period was over. I sighed, knowing I couldn't ditch another class.

A/N!

Things are getting really hectic for (Y/n)! Stuffs happening and drama is surfacing! Heheheeheheee.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading! I'll see you guys in the next chapter, bye~