Chapter 13: The Chunin Exams (part 7)

I awoke with my arms around Naruto's waist. I shifted slightly to get up without waking him but he spun around and grabbed onto me, pulling me back into the bed. He was burying his face into my chest.

I wrapped my arms around his small, feminine figure.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked quietly.

"I didn't sleep" Naruto sheepishly admitted, refusing to look me in the eyes.

I sighed. I'd forgotten about Naruto's insomnia.

I stroked his hair and kissed him on the top of his head.

The sun was shining through the large window we had. We still had three days until the second chunin exam ends.

I could sense someone's presence outside of our door and looked down at Naruto.

"It's Gaara" he replied, and got up to answer the door.

They spoke quietly for a little bit and then Naruto got back under the covers.

"What did he say?" I asked.

"He was just making sure we were ok and also telling me his plans on what he's going to do these few days we wait. Oh and he was updating me on how shukaku was behaving. Apparently he's woken up a few times but hasn't said or done anything."

I grunted in reply and then pecked Naruto on the lips.

Afterwards we went and had a shower.
I enjoy showering with Naruto (we don't do anything like that you pervs)
and every time I end up washing Naruto's back, I can see all of his his scars. It hurts me every time because I know I could have prevented a few of them.

After our shower we made our way to the dining room and had breakfast. Once we'd finish the food that was know where close to being as good as the heaven Naruto serves on a plate.

Afterwards we rendezvoused with Gaara and his team and began to do things to pass the time quicker.

A few days had past and it was now the final day of the second exam. Only a few teams had arrived back from the forest of death, many being from konohagakure. Team Gai, team Kuranai and team Asuma had all arrived back. They were tired and beat up but they still made it back. The Konoha 12 were all back together.

Not many teams returned from the forest of death. Apparently there had actually been a few casualties and some ninjas had died. Luckily it was no one we knew, but they were mourned anyway.

Due to lack of teams there was no need for the preliminaries they had planned and we were all free to go.

*Naruto's pov*

Once we were dismissed I turned to Sasuke.

"Sasuke..." I began, blushing as I spoke. "Would yo- would you like to move in with me?" I blurted out.

Sasuke was silent for a while. Then he gently lifted my chin to his face and kissed me passionately.

"Oh Naruto, I would love to." I beamed in return and then raised a key that I had prepared for him.
His chakra signature was happy and so we walked, hand in hand, to the place we now would call home.

*Sakura pov*

I watched from the shadows as Naruto and Sasuke walked back to their now, shared apartment. I had decided now was the time to act as my window began to close.

Soon. I'll do it soon...

(A/N)

Heya guys, how ya doin?
Thanks for being patient and following my story.
I'm a little lost right now so please tell me what should happen after the exams. I don't know if I should end this here.

Sorry that the chapters are getting smaller but I'm struggling to find a good way to finish it off.

But don't worry, once I finish this story I will be releasing a brand new one!
It's going to be an original so it should be fun.

Thanks to all of my readers and please keep commenting, it makes my day to know you guys care.

Thanks again to my BOOTIEful pretties. See ya next time