Izuku Midoriya

I woke backup attached to more medical equipment, I still wasn't sure what happening or what was going to happen.

But then felt someone squeeze my left hand lightly, I didn't realize anyone was holding my hand to begin with. "Hey," Kacchan said quietly in a raspy voice, he was wearing a fabric arm brace and could tell that are beds were touching next to each other, I almost started to cry again. "Everything's fine so keep your breathing steady ok, I'd hate to see you fuck up your health more." I didn't understand how he could sound so calm. I try to steady my breath to the sound of his heart beat I seemed to be mainly breathing through a tube in my chest. That would explain why the no one would let me lay down. "Don't feel guilty for not being able to respond."

I don't feel guilty for being unable to speak, I feel guilty for not protecting you and mom better or for not being able to realize who he was sooner. With my other hand I attempt to spell out the word 'sorry' on a part of his hand the brace wasn't covering, he grabbed it before I could finish my apologie.

"You would have to be a complete dumbass for you think any of this was your fault! I would've gladly ripped every limb off my body if it meant you'd be safe." Tears run down my face, I still wished I could've done more.