Part Five

• Dedicated to The Swag Crew

Dan knew that there was something wrong the moment he awoke. He was in Phil's bed. That was right. That was good. But, if this was Phil's bed... Where was Phil?

Dan bounded out of bed, still in his underwear, and ran towards the lounge calling "Phil?"

"I'm in here!" Dan could hear Phil's voice from behind the bathroom door, but something didn't seem right.

"Are you okay?" Dan called ack through the door. As he approached the bathroom he could hear the shower running.

"No," Phil said, pain breaking through his voice.

"Phil, what's wrong?" Dan put his head up against the door as he spoke to his friend.

"Please, can you get in?" Phil sounded disparate.

Dan tried the handle, but it was locked. Naturally. "Hang on just a second," Dan called reassuringly through the door, "I'll be right back."

The house was very old fashioned, so all the doors locked with keys. The key to the bathroom door was inside with Phil, but Dan figured he could pick the lock if he could find something small enough.

After about five minutes of searching, Dan found a small screwdriver in a kitchen drawer. He quickly returned to the bathroom door and shoved it into the key hole with all his might. While he picked the lock, he attempted to reassure Phil.

"Are you okay in there?"

"Could be better," Phil called back,quietly.

"I'll be in in a minute," Dan reassured him, "is it your leg?"

Phil was silent. Finally, the lock broke and Dan swung the door open to find Phil sprawled out in his boxer shorts, soaking wet on the bathroom floor. Dan quickly ran over and turned the water off in the shower which was overflowing, flooding the bathroom. He then knelt by his friends side.

"Phil? Are you okay?"

Phil shook his head, "I can't... I can't get up," Dan could tell this situation was painful for Phil, not just physically, but emotionally as well.

"Okay, don't worry," Dan said, "I'm gonna get you out of here." Dan reached down, putting his arms around his dripping wet friend, and scooped him up off the floor. He was heavy, but not too heavy for Dan to carry. He took him to his bedroom and lied him down on the bed, wrapping him in his duvet to keep him warm. He could see Phil getting paler and paler by the second.

"Hey, stay with me," Dan said, planting a small kiss on Phil's lips, "stay here one minute."

Dan rushed to his bedroom and threw on a t-shirt. When he re-entered Phil's room, he was lying on the bed, still wrapped in the duvet and clutching his leg.

"Phil!" Dan exclaimed.

"I'm fine!" Phil moaned, but it was clear that he was not fine. Dan went the the lounge and grabbed his phone. He dialed 999 and after being assured that help was coming, he returned to Phil's room.

"Phil?" Dan walked over to the bed and sat next to his friend, "Phil?"

Phil only moaned in response, his face contorted in pain. He wasn't even trying to hide it now.

"We need to get you dressed ok?" Dan said, "An ambulance is going to come pick you up," Phil didn't argue. He allowed Dan to help him into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and carry him into the lounge. After lying Phil on the sofa, Dan sat on the end near his head, running his fingers through Phil's hair, soothingly.

"It's gonna be okay, Phil,"

He wasn't sure who he was comforting: Phil or himself. Phil had stopped moaning and looked a little calmer, but his breathing was heavy and shallow. "Is it getting a little better?" Dan asked, pushing Phil's fringe out of his eyes.