7. Teacher Lounges & Storms

sorry i haven't updated in an eternity. i'm hella busy with summer assignments & i'm also going away for vacation in 2 weeks for a month, so i won't really have any internet access.

this chapter was pretty long on Microsoft, so i'm pretty sure it'll appear short as hell on this, which agitates me. but here's chapter 7!

__________________________________________

Chapter 7 – Teacher Lounges & Storms

Leah’s POV:

          “Dylan! We’re going to get in a lot of trouble – stop!”

          “Lighten up, princess, and live a little. We’re trying to survive, okay?”

          I huffed, wanting nothing more to slam his head against the door knob he was currently trying to pick. It was cold and scary and I was starving, so my patience was running extremely low and Dylan was beyond the point of pushing my buttons.

          Crossing my arms over my chest, I stood behind a crouching Dylan, waiting for him to pick the lock. How – oh, how – did I manage to get stuck in the school with this prick?

---- Half an Hour Ago ----

          Staying after school for a project wasn’t exactly my cup of my tea. Yet here I was, sitting in the back computer lab of the school library with my headphones blasting music in my ears as I typed away my stupid report for my science class. I had been here for at least an hour or so, and at five I had a photo shoot to go to but I was in no rush to leave. I wouldn’t have enough time to finish this damn report when I get home, so might as well get finished with it now.

          Everything was going great, too. I was working calmly and at my pace, my fingers flying all over the keyboard as I typed and listened to my music. I have to admit – I have some of my dad’s band’s songs and sometimes I listen to them because I’d be lying if I said the songs were amazing. As I did all of this, however, the lights went off.

          I froze, my hands pausing above the keyboard as my eyes darted all over the place. It was really dark but I could still make out some things. Quickly, I saved my work and copied it on my flash drive before gathering my bag and standing up to leave.

          As I tried to hurry out of the dark library, I bumped into what seemed like tables and chairs, and I knew I would wake up tomorrow morning with bruises on my hips as I winced each time I collided with something. Pushing the heavy library doors open, I stepped out into the school hallway; the loud slamming of the library door echoing eerily throughout the dark building.

          It was extremely quiet in the school, except for the fact that I suddenly heard thunder clash, causing me to let out a startled yelp and jump a bit. Cursing mentally, I immediately started going in the direction of the front doors and when I got there and tried to push them open, I swear I died a little inside when the doors wouldn’t budge.

          With a sigh, I took out my phone just as I heard rain pounding against the roof, and when I saw that I had no service in the building like I normally did, I really did curse out loud. “Fuck.”

          Panic started seeping through me as I realized I was literally all alone in the dark school with no signal while a freaking storm is brewing outside. It actually surprised me how there was no one here, like, at all. I thought that at least one of the office ladies or maybe even the principal stayed back for a couple extra hours, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case and I was trapped in here all by myself.