Chapter One

*Baekhyun's POV*

I was just rolling out of bed when my phone started ringing. I sighed and picked it up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Hello?" I answered groggily, strolling over to my closet and picking out some clothes. Blue skinny jeans, black Nirvana t-shirt, and my new black vans.

"Morning Baekkie!" A cheery voice said. My mood lightened a little.

"Hey Sehunnie. What's up? Why are you calling so early?" I questioned, now in the bathroom applying eyeliner.

"Just wanted to let you know I'm not gonna be home for a few days. I'm in Cali with my grandma. It was a last minute thing. I'm sorry babe."

"Oh come on!" I whined. I put my phone on speaker and grabbed a package of pop-tarts for breakfast. He giggled a little, like he was keeping something from me.

"What are you giggling at?"

"Huh? Oh, um, nothing! I just, uh, saw two squirrels chasing each other outside. Well, uh, I'm sure you have to get ready for school, so I'll talk to you later. Love you Bacon!"

I sighed. "Love you too Sehun." He hung up.

I finished my breakfast and grabbed my backpack, heading out the door and down the street to my bus stop. When the bus came, I sat down in the first seat. I plugged my earbuds in and leaned against the window.

We got to the richer part of the neighborhood. A tall guy I've never met before got on and sat next to me. I kept glancing at him. He caught my eyes a few times and smiled a heart-stopping smile. I looked back out the window.

When we got to school, I walked into the gym and found my friends sitting on the bleachers. When Kai saw me, he smiled and stood up.

"There he is! We were just talking about you!" he announced. I rolled my eyes.

"All good things, I swear." D.O answered, grabbing Kai's hand and pulling him back down to sit next to him.

"Where's your rainbow-haired attachment?" Chen asked teasingly. I smiled, blushing.

"He's in Cali with his grandma. He'll be gone for a few days." I sat down next to Lay.

"Oh no, what're you gonna do without one of your limbs?" Kai said, pretending to be shocked. He put his hand over his heart while saying it. For emphasis.

I laughed. "Oh shut up. I'll be fine. I still got you guys." He laughed with me.

"Who's THAT hot giant?" Tao said, pointing to the guy who sat with me on the bus. He was standing a few yards away, laughing with a guy named Kris who was in my English class.

"I have no idea. But he DOES live in the richer part of my neighborhood. He sat with me on the bus. Must've just moved in." I explained. "And why are you calling him hot? I thought you liked Kris?"

"Yeah Tao. Changing bases already? You've only liked him since, like, fourth grade." Lay said. Tao blushed, hiding his face.

"Shut up. I do still like Kris." he answered, his voice muffled. I walked up and sat by him, slipping my arm around his shoulder.

"Come on Kung Fu Panda. We're only messing with you." I reassured him. He uncovered his face and smiled at me.

The bell rang, so I waved to everyone and started walking to science.

I sat down in my normal seat in the back while Mr. Taehyung wrote something on the board. I got out my notebook and pencil and made sure my volume was off on my phone.