Book Two Air

Chapter 11: Follow The Leaf       Part 2

Kai Jr was teaching me that I kust first make peace with the air around me. I didn't fully understand what he meant by that but I knew it wouldn't be easy. Kai Jr took me to a old air bender training course it was located in the back of the temple.

(Kai Jr) This is called the liearme. The basic concept of the L iearme is to teach airbenders to dance with the air. Become fully apart of the air let the air control you. My dad said old air bender munks called it folowing the leaf for example.

Kai picked a leaf from a tree let go of the leaf and air bended the leaf.

(Kai Jr) Notice how the leaf moves through the course with no resistance

(Kai Jr) Notice how the leaf moves through the course with no resistance. It is at conplete peace with the air. All air benders must me at complete peace with the air around them.
I want you to do what the leaf just did. Take a stance

I wasn't sure if I could do this after all I never have even attempted to do anything with air bending. But I remembered I mastered fire bending Air bending shouldn't be that difficult. I took a stance and told Kai I was ready.

(Kai Jr) Begin

I quickly began the course but I failed terribly. I tried again and again but I could not move through the course like the leaf. I felt my self getting frustrated and angry Kai noticed.

(Kai Jr) Stay calm Aaron you got this take a long deep breath. After that I want you to close your eyes this time. I want you to fill the plates around you when you move through the cpurse. Get a since of your surroundings. You are to resistant to the air around you. You must let the air push you and guide you through the course, once you allow that you will get through the course.

I took a deep breath and did what Kai said. I closed my eyes and before I knew It I was within the course I felt a plate coming fast near my head I dodged it and moved through the course. I let the air and the breeze move me and I passed the course.

(Kai Jr) Congratulations Aaron.