3

_______________________________
             You don't love me deep enough
             We not reaching peaks enough
             Blindly in love, I fucks with you
                                       ~ Beyoncé
__________________________________
Aaliyah's Pov

I was awoken from my phone ringing. I climbed out of Kentrell's grip and reached to get my phone. The bright screen hurt my eyes so I quickly turned the brightness down.

"Momma". I read out loud. I sighed, "The hell she want at 1 in the morning". I questioned. I swiped right and put the phone up to my ear. "Yes mom?".

"Aaliyah, I'm having a mother's intuition moment and I feel like there's a big secret you're not telling me". She said with her broken down English.

I rubbed my face and sat up. "Mom it's 1 in the morning. This couldn't wait until at least 3pm?".

"No, so tell me what is going on".

I knew this lady would not let this go. I mean, this is my mom so I should be able to trust her. I looked over at ken who was snoring lowly.

I moved the covers off me and got out of bed. I decided I could go to the basement to tell her so no one would hear me.

"Hello?". She said annoyed.

"Mom hold on dang". I told her. This woman is so damn impatient.

I finally made it downstairs and I sat in my office chair. "Okay, now mom. When I tell you this you must stay quiet".

"Alright mami". She said.

I sighed and there goes the tears. "I'm pregnant again".

"I knew it was something! But by who?".

I paused. I know I'm not supposed to be saying anything, but this is my mom. Plus I just needed someone else to talk to about all my problems.

"By Kentrell". I managed to say.

I saw my stress ball and began to squeeze. I wiped my eyes to stop the tears and sat my head down.

"What? How? He died 2 years ago".

"Mom, he's not dead. We had to fake it". My voice began to crack. "Mom you literally can not say anything okay? To anybody. If they know he's alive they'll kill all of us. Even our unborn baby".

"You need to come home. This life is too dangerous for you". She spoke out into the phone.

I felt a dry lump form in the back of my throat. "I can't Mom, he has nobody. If I leave he's as good as dead". I spoke.

She exhaled. "Aaliyah, i know you're smarter than this. We both know you would never put the kids in any type of danger".

"I know I won't. I'll die for them".

"Do you see the danger you're putting them in now? You know what you were getting into when you met him. You knew how he was when he told you he killed Marcus. If you can't leave for you, leave for your kids".

I began to cry again. I really didn't want to leave Ken. We're both hurting from this situation, and I can't leave him alone; with nothing.

"You understand?".

I wiped my eyes. "I'm not leaving him mom".

She sighed. "You stressing too much Aaliyah. You know what can happen if you stress while being pregnant. Is all this stress worth losing this baby?".