28

_________________________________
I bow down to pray
I try to make the worse seem better
Lord show me the way
To cut through all this work out leather
I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But baby I just need one good one, tell that you'll be the good one
Baby I just need one good one to stay
~ Lady Gaga
_________________________________

Omniscient

After another week, Aaliyah was out of the hospital.

She hasn't been feeling the same since she saw all of the weight she put on, plus that scar.

"Baybeh, you aight? We almost home okay?". Yb told her as he looked through the rear view mirror.

She nodded as she looked out the window. She was in deep thought. Her husband noticed everything about her. So of course he noticed how her body language was different. But he didn't want to keep bothering her about it.

They pulled up to their house and was greeted with decorations, welcoming Aaliyah and the twins back home.

She half smiled at the nice gesture. "That's nice of them to do". She thought to herself.

Yb parked the car and walked around to her side to help her. He grabbed their son while Dre came and grabbed Kayliah.

"How you feelin sis?". Dre asked her as he followed behind them inside the house.

She sighed. "I'm okay. Just tired and need sleep". She told him.

Being greeted by friends and family. Everyone wanting to see the babies including their siblings.

"Mommy! I missed you!". Londyn said as she tried to be picked up by her mom.

"Not now baby, mommy's sore". She said, sort of snapping on her.

Yb was taken back by this. Not used to her using that tone with their daughter.

"Lonny, wanna help daddy get da twins settled in their room?". He asked as she tried to shift Londyn attention.

She jumped up and down. "Yessss!". She said.

He smiled and they began to walk to the twins rooms. Since Aaliyah was sore, she couldn't walk up the stairs, so she made her way to one of their guest rooms.

She laid down on the bed and closed her eyes, not realizing her mom entered the room.

"You not gone speak to your party?". She sat down at the foot of the bed.

Aaliyah shook her head no. "I spoke to them a little bit mom, I'm in pain right now". She said with a little eye roll.

"Are you in pain or are you embarrassed about that scar?". She asked.

"Mom, please. You wouldn't know anything about the pain I'm in".

Aaliyah's mom was taken back by this. "I don't? Aaliyah before I had you, there was a baby".

Aaliyah looked at her mom. "What? Mom, you had a baby other than me a lili?". Aaliyah asked completely new to this.

Her mom nodded. "Got pregnant with him when I was 15. But I couldn't keep him". She half smiled.

Aaliyah managed to sit up. "Mom, why didn't you tel me that I had a brother?". She grabbed her mother hand to hold.

Her mom was now emotional. "Embarrassing just like you. I have the scar that reminds me of him every single day".

Aaliyah shook her head. "What was his name?".

Her mom sniffles. "Dylan". She smiled as she thought about her baby boy.

"What happened to him? Have you talked to him since then?".

"I gave him up for adoption. And yes, I talk to him all the time". She smiled.

Aaliyah looked shocked. She didn't know how to deal with this. Guess she wasn't the oldest child like she thought. "When can we meet him?".

Her mother laughed at all the questions she asked. "Soon mi amor". Her mother stood up. "I'm going back out there, get your rest okay?".

Aaliyah nodded and let her walked out.

"Daddy, why is mommy sleeping?". Londyn asked her dad as they sat and watched the twins.

"She's very tired. She should be up soon". He smiled and kissed her cheek.

"So when were they born? And can I see what they first looked like again?". She asked.

"September 23, and yea baybeh". He smiled. He pulled is phone out and showed her the pictures.

"They both have big eyes like me". She laughed. "Oooo, daddy they have dimples too". She smiled to show hers.

"Yup, y'all look alike in a way". He smiled.

She then looked down. "Since you have another daughter, does this mean you won't love me anymore".

Yb was shocked at what she had just told him. "Lonny, that's not true. You ma first daughter. I have no choice but to love you baybeh. Plus, the twins need their big sister".

She started to smile. "Okay daddy. Tag your it". She said as she hit him and took off running.

Him being a dad first, turned the baby monitors on, while attaching the other to his hip. When he finished he took off after her. "Lonny! Here daddy comes!". He laughed.

Creeping around downstairs he finally found her. He wrapped her in a hug and sat her on his neck.

"What y'all name the twins?". Jaliyah asked him as he grabbed a carrot.

Snacking on the carrot he said "Kayliah Deseana and Kyree Messiah".

She nodded. "How's my sis doing?".

He sat Londyn down and allowed her to run off. He sighed and sat down. "She's really down about da whole scar thing, plus she's gained more weight".

She shook her head. "What did she expect? To be a size 5 after birth? Of twins?". She took a sip of her drink.

"I think she ain't even thought bout it when she was pregnant. I lowkey think ya being separated is makin it worse".

"Mmm, well. Maybe you need to tell the world you ain't dead so y'all can actually go out without you bein disguised". She laughed.

He agreed with her. He just needed to come up with a way to do it. He got up from the couch and walked to Dre.

"Come holla at me real quick". He told him. Dre nodded and started following him outside.

"Wazzam?". Dre asked.

Yb looked up from the ground. "I'm ready to come back na". He said.
—————
07/14/18
I did 2 chapters in a day. Wheeewww... chile. Dedication. Lol.