35

________________________________
Some nights I stay up, Gashing in my bad luck
Some nights I call it a draw. Some nights I wish that my lips could build a castle, some nights I wish they just fall off. But I still wake up, I still see your ghost oh lord I'm still not sure what I stand for ohhhhh. What do I stand for, what do I stand for.
Most nights I don't know, anymore
- Fun. ________________________________

Anonymous Pov

"Mom, I've apologized so many times. Wrote letters and everything. No response".

She shook her head. "What do you expect? Everything to be just peachy? For god sakes, you helped kill him".

I shook my head. "Mom, he's not even dead. He faked it. I have no idea how, but he's alive". I told her.

She made a stank face. "You can't even kill a nigga right? Yeah you're definitely your fathers child". She chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. Not seeing this situation funny at all. I ruined a family, or so what I thought.

"You see his wife had some more damn kids. They got a whole NFL team right there". She said with a laugh.

"She's having the kids I was supposed to have by him!". I said feeling hurt again.

"I hate to say this, but you need to get over that. He played you and the other girl both. Nothing y'all got can make him stay". She told me.

Harsh. Like she always is. "I know. I just... I just want to ask him am I not good enough? Why pick he over me". I said as I looked down at my feet.

"You're more than good enough. You should never have to question yourself over a man. He just wasn't the one and I want you to understand that".

"I just want the happiness I deserve mom. Man, when I get out, I'm hoppin in the studio and imma make a hit". I said with a smile.

She laughed at me. "Girl what? Rapping? Come on now".

I laughed too. "Mom I'm telling you. When I get out, imma make it. Rap is where the money at".

She shook her head. "It'll all be temporary if you don't handle it the right way tho. Invest in companies, open businesses. That's where the money is".

I nodded. "True that true that.".

"You ready for my cookin again? Ready to come home?". She asked.

I stale faced her. "Mom, it's hell in here. Of course I want to come home". I said as I rubbed my hand along my face.

She shook her head. "I've been talking to your lawyer".

I looked up quickly. "And?". I asked, signaling for her to continue.

"Since he's not dead, the charges of murder were dropped. But, you would still be charged with attempted murder".

It felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. This was the best news I got in almost 4 years. My eyes then started to tear up. "So what does this mean?".

She bit her lip. "Since you've been having good behavior, they thought about releasing you early. Really really early baby". She said with a big smile.

I wanted to break down. The thoughts of being a free woman again, starting my life over, and maybe having a family of my own one day gave me happiness.

"Mom this is great news! I can't wait".

She nodded. "Well, imma visit you again next week. Letting you in on everything that's happening alright?". She asked.

I nodded quickly. "Alright mom. Love you".

She stood up and embraced me in a hug. "I love you too baby".
——————
Since it's short, Next chapter will be out with 25 votes and 3 comments 🥰