18. Stay like that

Tom's POV:

We stopped hugging and everything went silent. I decided to go to my room. I stood up. "Where are you going?" Tord asked me. I looked at him. "To my room." I answered and walked to my room. I sat on my bed and looked at the floor.

'Why? Why am I so upset? I mean, yeah. I understand that Tord felt weird because he was not really alive, but...' I thought and sighed.

'I wish he could stay this way. He looks cute and I like his pastel side. And I wish I could fly with him sometimes again.' I thought. I really wished for it. I wanted to fly with him in the sky. I closed my 'eyes' and imagined when we flew in the night sky together.

I smiled at the thought and opened them again. My smile faded. 'I want to feel happy again... I want to be with him... I really do...'

Tord's POV:

Tom went to his room. He still looked...upset. But why? "Hey Tord, do you know why Tom looked so upset when you told us the truth?" Edd asked me. I looked at him and shook my head.

"I have no idea, but..." I looked at his room again. "...I'll figure it out." I said and stood up. I headed towards Tom's room and knocked on the door. "Tom? Can I come in?" I asked and waited for a while.

No answer. "Tom?" I talked again. Still nothing. I sighed and slowly opened the door. He was sitting on his bed looking at the floor. When I came in, he didn't even react.

I sat next to him. "Tom." I talked again. I waited for a few seconds. "Yes?" He answered, but didn't even bother to look at me. "Why are you so upset?" I asked him. He looked at me. "I'm...not upset." He said.

"Tom." I said. He looked away. "Please..." I said in a calm voice. "Tell me..." I finished. I put my hand on his shoulder. He flinched a little, but kept looking away. "Look at me..." I said.

He sighed and looked at me. We were looking in each other's eyes before I spoke. "What. Is. Wrong?" I asked him. Suddenly, I saw tears in his 'eyes'. 'Oh no, did...did I do something wrong?' I asked myself.

He then jumped on me and hugged me tightly. I was suprised and shocked. We were now on the floor, hugging with him crying in my chest.

When he calmed down a little, I asked him again. "Tom, just please tell me. What's wrong?" He looked up at me. He was still red from the crying and sobbing. He sighed.

"It's just that...I want you to stay like this..." He said. I looked at him confused. "You mean like and angel? Why?" I asked him. "Because...I just..." He paused and took a breath. I understood and waited patiently.

"I just like this pastel side of you. When you came back like that, I just...liked it. And you were being so nice... And I...just want to spend time with you more and fly with you in the sky again..." He said.

I blushed and he blushed as well. Or it was still from the crying. 'Does he...does he like me?' I asked myself. 'No, why would he like me...' I thought.

I sighed and smiled at him. "Look Tom, I didn't know you felt this way... I want to fly with you sometimes too, but...just being like this is making me feel...weird. I feel like I'm dead. And I am... It just feels weird." I said my smile fading with every single word.

He stayed silent. "Look, how about we'll fly tonight? Just the two of us?" I said. He looked up at me. Even though his 'eyes' were completly black and empty, I still could see hope in them.

He smiled. "Yes!" He said and hugged me even tighter. It made me harder to breathe, but I hugged back. I was just happy that he is happy. And then I realized we were still in the position with Tom on top of me and I blushed again.

Tom stopped smiling and realized it too. His face was red as my red hood- Oh yeah, I don't have it anymore... Oh well.

He got off me and helped me up. We were both still blushing madly. "S-sorry about that..." He said. "It's okay, don't worry about it." I answered and we smiled awkwardly at each other.

"So, when tonight?" He asked. "I don't know, is 11 pm okay?" I asked. He nodded. "Okay, 11 pm it is." I said with a cheerful smile. We decided to go back to Edd and Matt so we wouldn't worry them. We left Tom's room.

When Edd saw us, he stood up from the couch and ran up to us. He hugged Tom. "Holy cola, are you okay, Tom?" Tom pulled him away and smiled. "Yeah I'm okay. You shouldn't be so worried." He answered.

"Okay, but don't scare us like that again." He said and smiled. "Don't worry, I won't." Tom answered. "But...what was wrong anyway?" Edd asked.

Tom stopped smiling and looked at me. "Umm, It's nothing important, Edd." I said. He raised and eyebrow and kept glancing at Tom then at me again. "Alright then, if you say so..." He said.

We sat on the couch. Edd had his cola in his hand, Matt was admiring himself in the mirror and me and Tom were talking. "Hey guys, let's watch something!" Matt suddenly jumped and yelled. "Uhh, okay. Which one?" I asked.

"Umm... Oh I know! My Little Pony!!!" He said smiling. I facepalmed and chuckled. "Matt, you still watch that?" Tom asked. "Yes! That's a great show!!!" He yelled. Edd rolled his eyes.

"How about... 'The Return Of-" I said, but was cut off by Tom. "The Insane Zombie Pirates From Hell 6'? Okay." He said and smiled. I smiled back. "You're good." I said and ruffled his hair. He chuckled and fixed it while Edd got the DVD and turned the tv on.

'I'm really excited for tonight...'