9 years.

Jeongguk was 9 and Taehyung was 11 years when Taehyung made his first new friend,a girl

Jeongguk came out of his class quickly so that Taehyung wouldn't have to wait longer and so they could have their lunch, but to Jeongguk's surprise Taehyunng was standing there with a girl, a smile gracing his face. he had instantly waved when his eyes met Taehyung but for some reason he disliked the girl even before talking to her, he gave her a stink her but she was oblivious to it as she sweetly spoke to taehyung about her new barbie set.

Jeongguk had then learned that her name was Sumi and Taehyung had befriended her because she approached him complimenting her glasses. They sat to have lunch together much ti Jeongguk's dismay, but he was happy because Taehyung paid more attention to him than to Sumi. Taehyung always ate half of Jeongguk's food, with Jeongguk feeding him and vice versa.

Sumi felt weird, left out as she gazed at Taehyung happily chatting away with his friend Jeongguk, she felt like she was an extra, someone who's invading privacy, so she left quickly bidding a farewell to Taehyung who did not even notice her leave, but Jeongguk did, happy that he could spend his time alone with Taehyung.