15 years.

Jeongguk was 15 and Taehyung was 17 when Jeongguk became famous

Jeongguk because the caption of the football team, he had joined gym and gotten bulkier, the scrawny kid wasn't scrawny anymore. He looked elder than Taehyung when they walked together in the school. Every girl wanted to be with Jeongguk and all the guys wanted to be him. But he still gave most of his attention to Taehyung. If he wasn't in doing his football practice he was with Taehyung. He was the still the same Jeongguk Taehyung used to play as kids even though he had changed for the world.

They still told each other everything so Jeongguk didn't know how to react when Taehyung had shyly confessed that he had been asked out by a guy in his class. Jeongguk's first thought after meeting the guy was 'no' no that he didn't trust the guy but Taehyung had been the happiest, his eyes shinning brighter than the star and Jeongguk didn't have it in him to say 'no' so he just smiled fakely giving his approval.

After about a month of them dating, while Taehyung consecutively cancelling their plans to hang out with his boyfriend, Jeongguk yet again found Taehyung crying in his room one day. Taehyung had refused to even look at him when he came in.

After lots and lots of convincing Taehyung had answered bitterly "fine you want to know why, here it is, he didn't even like me in the first place, he liked you, he just dated me because he wanted to get close to you, he always asked questions about you when we met and never about me, when I asked him h-he said there's nothing interest enough about me t-to know" his voice cracked in the end as he broke down up and Jeongguk's eyes were filled with tears just be looking at Taehyung in that state.

The next day reluctantly Taehyung went to school and spotted the guy who hurt him with a black eye and a fractured hand as he limped last Taehyung. Taehyung instantly looked over at Jeongguk beside him whose face was blank but Taehyung knew it was Jeongguk who had done this.

Taehyung was filled with warmth by what Jeongguk had done for him. Jeongguk was 15 when he made Taehyung realise what he will always be there for him.