20 years.

Jeongguk is 20 and Taehyung is 22 when they reunited

Jeongguk had prepared various scenarios to when he meets Taehyung, first one is that he would punch him in the face, then he decided that he would just ignore him because he doesn't about about Taehyung anymore, lies. Jeongguk knew that Taehyung had changed but he didn't expect that much.

Jeongguk saw Taehyung again when he opened the door to incessant knocking. Air was knocked out of his lungs when he was met with the beautiful sight of the boy. Taehyung had completely changed, hair dyed silver, ear pierced skin glowing more than the sun itself and all Jeongguk had prepared for went in vain when Taehyung muttered "Kookie" Jeongguk knew he could never ignore, or punch the guy. So all Jeongguk could say was "you ignored me" with Taehyung, no matter how much he'd grown, he was still his bestfriend with bunny teeth who whined all the time.

"I'm sorry" Taehyung said looking at the ground, the pair still standing at the door. "I was hurting, it was too much and couldn't bear talking to you and not being able to see you, I know it's a pathetic excuse and you'll never forgive me-" Taehyung had started tears rolling down his cheeks but he was cut off when Jeongguk engulfed him in a tight hug, conveying all his thoughts that, he'd missed him, he had forgiven him and he loves him.

Then Jeongguk had smiled despite all his inner turmoil some hours ago "I'm glad you're back"

After some time of talking, catching up and incessant apologising from Taehyung's side, Taehyung finally revealed that he's in a relationship and that he'd bought his boyfriend back with him.

Jeongguk stopped smiling, an unknown feelings settling in his chest, making his heart heavy.

Jeongguk was 20 and Taehyung was 22 when Jeongguk realised that maybe Taehyung didn't need him as much he needed Taehyung.