5 years.

Jeongguk was 5 and Taehyung 7 when Taehyung got sick and was sent home by his teacher

Jeongguk was 5 and Taehyung 7 when Taehyung got sick and was sent home by his teacher. Taehyung was fragile, even though he was elder to Jeongguk he looked about the same age. He would cry over small things and Jeongguk would be the one to hold his hand everyone.

Jeongguk patiently waited for Taehyung, sitting on the bench outside school, where they promised to meet each other everyday, so they could go home together.

Jeongguk was a little worried because he was the first one to arrive, when usually it's Taehyung. He waited. Waited for 15 min to almost 3 hours, swinging his small legs back and forth tightly clutching his bottle in his hand, he did not bulge even when the bus driver asked him to come, or the teacher asked him to go.

With no other option left the administration called Jeongguk's parents. They arrived shortly apologising for their son's behaviour. Jeongguk wouldn't bulge if her mom didn't mention that Taehyung was sent home- because he was sick.

Upon reaching,Jeongguk  had immediately asked Taehyung's mom about Taehyung's whereabouts. Taehyung has been sleeping then, when Jeongguk walked in, chest rising and falling steadily. Jeongguk took Taehyung's small hand in his and fell asleep.

Jeongguk was 5 when he realised he couldn't stay without seeing Taehyung.