27 years.

Jeongguk was 27 and Taehyung was 29 when Jeongguk was bitter and  jealous of a dog

Jeongguk was 27 and Taehyung was 29 when Jeongguk was bitter and jealous of a dog.

Taehyung had decided to adopt a dog he had played with when he had visited the pet care centre, reasoning that him and dog had instantly connected like they were meant to be. Taehyung knew Jeongguk couldn't resist when Taehyung made the puppy dog faces and cheered when Jeongguk had finally given in.

Jeongguk was finally home after a long day, and couldn't wait to cuddle with Taehyung only to see the other fast sleep cuddling the dog. Jeongguk had instantly glared at the fast asleep dog before he proceeded to pull the dog away from Taehyung and put him in the small dog house muttering "you deserve to be here" bitterly before he made his way to Taehyung and quickly wrapped his arms around him, pulling him close to his chest before falling asleep contented.

He had woken up the next morning, to once again find Taehyung cuddling and playing with the dog. Taehyung had instantly lightened up when he noticed Jeongguk in the room before sweetly asking "what're you cooking for breakfast?" To which Jeongguk had bitterly replied "Why don't you ask that dog to make you some, since you seem to love him more than me"

Still, he had proceeded to walk in the kitchen making the pancake batter. He had then felt arms wrap themselves around his torso and a nose nuzzling in his neck "you know that's not true" Taehyung had said resting his chin in Jeongguk's shoulder.

"I'll always love you more" Taehyung had said nibbling on Jeongguk's earlobe. Taehyung had then grinned sweetly when he was sure that Jeongguk wasn't angry anymore before he walked towards the dog again and whisper shouting "Jeonggukie is naive, I'll always love you more Tannie" he said referring to the dog and Jeongguk had smiled fondly shaking his head.

Jeongguk was 27 when he realised how pathetic he was getting jealous of a dog. There was literally no competition ,he thought , or was it?