21 years.

Jeongguk was 21 and Taehyung was 23 when they decided to have a double date

Taehyung had suggested that it was a better idea if they all made dinner at home instead of going out because it would be fun and who was Jeongguk to deny. So he had invited Mina- his girlfriend and Taehyung called Minjae - his boyfriend. Taehyung had met Jeongguk's girlfriend many times along the year and the same with Jeongguk but they had never sat down, all four of them, and interacted.

If Jeongguk would say he was comfortable, then he would be lying. He didn't like watching Taehyung back hugging Minjae in the kitchen while the other boy cooked with a sweet smile on his face. Taehyung was always the touchy type, but Jeongguk felt weird to look at Taehyung being touchy with someone else who's not him. When they had finally sat for food, Jeongguk once again couldn't swallow because of the sight of Minjae lovingly feeding Taehyung and Taehyung looking at him like he was the one putting the stars in the sky.

Jeongguk then looked at Mina who was oblivious to anything and happily munching on the food.

After they were done with food, Minjae suggested it would be nice to have some hot chocolate while watching a movie. Taehyung and Mina were washing hands and Minjae was holding a tray full of glasses when a loud booming voice of thunder echoed in the room. Minjae yelped, scared which resulted the glasses flying and the hot, very hot chocolate spilling over Taehyung and Mina.

Taehyung and Mina had let out a strained cry because then both got burned. Jeongguk was quick on his feet as he ran towards the kitchen. He literally ran past Mina to Taehyung who had tears in his eyes, his skin turning red.

"Oh my god" He had said delicately touching Taehyung's red skin. He had pulled Taehyung's hand under the tap letting the cold water run across his burned skin. He didn't notice Minjae and Mina frowning at them from the side, Minjae then helped Mina reluctantly because Jeongguk was helping Taehyung.

"Are you okay?" Jeongguk had asked wiping Taehyung's tear filled eyes. "Yeah it just burns, a lot"
Jeongguk could feel Taehyung's each flinch when he had applied some cream on his skin. He proceeded to apply some on Mina's skin, because she was burned as well.

He had then turned to glare at Minjae "what pussy gets scared of thunder for fucks sake, you better hope that mark on Taehyung's hand and face disappears." Jeongguk seethed and Minjae had wondered if it was only Taehyung who had been burned.

When they had finally settled on the couch again, with Taehyung cuddling to Minjae, much to Jeongguk's annoyance , Mina had softly asked "will you ever choose anyone over him" she hadn't said anything more, the question just there, and Jeongguk immediately got what she had asked him about. Without a second of hesitance he had answered.

"No"

"He comes before everyone"

Jeongguk was 21 when his girlfriend realised she could never take Taehyung's place in his life.