30.

*** 2 months later ***

Scott's POV.

I watched Mitch talk to Kevin. They seemed to be very happy about something. I can't hear them properly. I am standing too far away, but Mitch squealed suddenly and ran to me.

"We're going to have a small apartment! We're going to have a small apartment!" Mitch squealed and he jumped up and down.

"Baby, calm down. What?" I laughed.

Mitch tried to calm down.

"We are going to have a small apartment together." Mitch smiled widely.

"W-What? How?" I asked.

I was amazed by the news and had to let it sink in.

"We're allowed to leave this clinic! You're doing so well and you didn't cut for almost 4 months! Not even with the Henry drama! Kevin has a friend who has a lot of apartments, he's rich. Like, really rich. Like, amazingly rich!" Mitch told me.

"Are you kidding me?! We're going to leave this clinic?!" I exclaimed happily.

"Yes! I'm not even kidding!" Mitch squeals.

"Wow! But the apartment thing? How?" I said.

"Kevin's friend wants us to rent one of his apartments after he heard about us. I was talking to Kevin about you wanting to live with me after this and that's how it went." Mitch said.

"I can't believe it! We're going to live together! Am I dreaming?" I squealed.

"No, you aren't!" Mitch giggled.

I hugged Mitch. I am going to live together with the love of my life!

"Can I have a puppy too?" I asked.

Mitch smiled at me and pecked my lips.

"If you want a puppy, we're getting one. We have to settle first and then we're going to look for a cute puppy. Not too big." Mitch said.

"That sounds like a plan." I smiled.

Kevin walked to us.

"I guess you've heard the news?" Kevin asked.

"Yes! It's amazing! I am so happy! Thank you so much!" I said as I gave Kevin a bro hug.

"No problem. I hope you'll find a job soon too." Kevin said.

"Yes, that would be great!" Mitch smiled.

"I am gonna find Mark and Mason! They need to hear the news!" I said.

"Sure. You do that and I am going to fill in the forms." Mitch laughed.

I quickly gave Mitch a kiss and sprinted to my department.

"Mark! Mason! Guys! Where are you?!" I shouted.

"Is there fire?" Mason said.

"I hope not." Mark smiled.

I hugged them both, startling them a bit.

"Why are you so bouncy?" Mason asked.

"He's always bouncy." Mark joked.

"Oh hush! I am allowed to leave this clinic with Mitch! And even better, we're going to live together! We already have an apartment if everything goes well." I told them.

"Wow, great news for you!" Mason said.

"Yes. Are you going to leave us tomorrow?" Mark asked.

"I don't know. I think so." I said.

"Aww, you've gotta give us your number then. I wanna stay in touch with you." Mason said.

"I will. Just want to be a part of your life." I smiled.

"A part of our life? As in having some fun with us?" Mark teased.

I rolled with my eyes and made them laugh.

"We're going to miss you." Mark and Mason said in unison.

"I'm going to miss you too." I said.

"We have some news too." Mark said.

"Really? Are you pregnant?!" I joked.

"No!" Mark laughed.

"No, we're moving to Mitch's department!" Mason said.

"What? Wow, amazing! But, wait... What about me?" I asked.

"You're going to spend your last day together with your boyfriend! Didn't Kevin tell you?" Mason asked.

"No, but I ran to you immediately. So, I guess he didn't have the chance to tell me." I said.

"You're such a goof." Mark said.

I laughed a little. I am.

"Come on. Help us with moving our stuff, tall one." Mason said as he hugged me.

"Alright. Let's do this!" I laughed.

I looked at them. Life is full of surprises and it definitely surprised me. I may not be good enough for everyone, but I am good enough for the most important people in my life and that's all that matters to me.

🙂

*** Sequel, anyone? ***