15.

Mitch's POV.

I sat on my bed. I miss Scott already and he just left 3 minutes ago. It's crazy.

There's a knock on the door.

"Come in." I sighed.

A hairy boy walked in.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Yeah. You must be... Mitch?" He said and he walked to me to shake my hand.

"Y-Yes... A-Are you my new roommate?" I said as I backed up a bit.

This boy is spontaneous! I'm not used to that.

"Yeah, I'm Beau. So, which bed is mine?" Beau asked.

"The one I'm not sitting on." I sassed slightly.

Beau laughed softly and put his backpack on the other bed. I watched him with squinted eyes, not sure if I could trust him.

"So, Mitch... How old are you?" Beau asked.

"I'm 25 years old..." I whispered.

"That's a nice age." Beau smiled.

I stayed silent. I watched Beau unpack his stuff.

"Did someone else stay here before me?" Beau asked.

He held something, it was Scott's deodorant. I rushed to Beau and grabbed it out of his hands.

"Y-Yes. It's f-from my boyfriend..." I said as I teared up.

Beau looked at me and shrugged.

"Oh... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring that up." Beau said.

I shook my head in silence. Calling Scott my boyfriend felt right, but I knew he wasn't.

"Okay." I whispered.

"I came out recently as bisexual." Beau said.

"Oh..." I replied.

"Yes. It was a huge step for me. I told my best friend first and she was really happy for me that I found a part of myself. I used to date her, but we parted as besties." Beau told me.

"Okay. That must be great." I said softly.

"Yes, it is. How was your coming out? Are you gay or bisexual?" Beau asked me.

I didn't feel like I wanted to tell him how my coming out was. It was horrible. So, I decided to keep it short with him.

"I'm gay and my coming out was okay. I don't want to talk about it." I mumbled.

Beau looked at me with questioning eyes.

"Sure. Was that blonde guy your boyfriend?" Beau asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Did he manage to get out of this place?" Beau asked.

"No. H-He cut himself. They moved him to another department." I said sadly.

"Oh. Why would he cut himself?" Beau wondered.

"I guess you know." I said.

"No, I don't." Beau scoffed.

I flinched at his scoff. It reminded me of my ex-boyfriend. He used to scoff at me all the time. I don't know what he's up to right now and that scares me. A warmth on my arm snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked down at my arm and saw Beau's hand. I looked up at him. He smiled at me.

"Are you okay?" Beau asked sweetly.

"Yes. I am okay." I lied and forced a smile.

Our eyes locked and I managed to clear my throat.

"I think I need to find Kevin." I said and I left the room.

Soon enough I found Kevin in his office.

"How could you put that boy in my room? He's too spontaneous. He acts like he's my best friend already." I panicked.

Kevin jumped a little and turned to face me.

"We don't plan personalities of our patients." Kevin said calmly.

"I can't share my room with him!" I exclaimed.

"You'll have to. We have no other room for him. Maybe you should start to learn to know him better." Kevin said.

My jaw dropped.

"I want Scotty. Please move me to his department." I almost begged.

"No space there too." Kevin said.

"Don't tell me he has to share a room with someone else too." I said, my voice shaked.

"Actually, he shares his room with two other boys." Kevin smiled.

I stormed out of his office, tears streaming down my cheeks and I bumped into someone. I looked up, it was Beau. Before I could say something, he held me in his arms.