6.

Scott's POV.

I look at Mitch, I want to kiss his forehead. No, that would startle him. Instead, I lay my head on top of his. We stay like that for a while. Mitch breaks the silence with a soft sob.

"Are you crying?" I asked.

"I-I'm s-sorry, i-it's just t-this f-feeling I got w-when we h-hugged..." Mitch sobbed.

"Did I hurt you? I'm sorry..." I said and I felt not good enough again.

"N-No... You're so good to me. I've missed that for 2 fucking years. It's just overwhelming. I mean, you're like a total stranger to me and I've never felt more loved with you than I have the past 2 years." Mitch cried softly.

"Oh..." I didn't know what to say.

"Stupid, right?" Mitch whispered.

"No, it's not. We just met and we've experienced shitty things. I think we understand each other. We could be future friends." I said and I looked at him.

"I think we already are..." Mitch smiled through his tears.

I dry his cheeks with my thumbs.

"Umm, sorry..." I said.

"No, thank you." Mitch smiled.

"So, are you going to check in?" I asked.

"I think I'll have to now..." Mitch said as he looked at me.

I blush. This boy...

Someone knocked on our door.

"Come in!" I said loudly.

The beautiful woman who helped me filling in the lists entered our room.

"Hi boys!" She said happily.

"Hello" Mitch and I said in unison.

We looked at each other smiling.
The woman giggled at us.

"I was wondering if you would like to have some dinner. Usually we have dinner with the whole group, from this department. But since you two are new here, I thought it would be nice to bring some here. So, you could have dinner in your room. What would you like to eat, boys? I'm Kirstin by the way." She told us.

"I haven't checked in yet and I'm on a glutenfree diet." Mitch said.

"He is going to check in tho." I told Kirstin.

"Good. I'll get you the list later. I'm sure Scott will help you with that. I have some glutenfree here. I don't know if you like it." Kirstin said.

Mitch checked it and nodded thankfully.

"Just don't give me veggies and I'll eat it." I chuckled.

"You don't eat veggies?" Kirstin asked me.

I scrunched up my nose.

"Eww, no." I said.

Kirstin gave me a plate of what seemed a veggie mix with potatoes and a slice of chickenbreast. I looked at the veggies. Mitch poked me softly.

"Just give me your veggies. Wanna trade it for a bit of my pork? I don't like too much pork." Mitch asked.

I nod and we exchanged some of our food.

Kirstin smiled at us.

"Bon apetite, boys." She said as she closed the door behind her.

"Why don't you eat much pork?" I asked Mitch.

"Because it makes me fat and I'm already fat enough." Mitch said.

I almost choked in my piece of chickenbreast. Mitch looked up.

"Are you ok?!" He panicked.

"Y-Yes. You're the skinniest boy I've ever met! Don't call yourself fat!" I exclaimed.

Mitch shrugged and focussed on his food again.

"That's what he told me." Mitch whispered.

"And? He told me that I'm not good enough. That I fail at everything. Do you think he's right about that?" I whispered back.

"No, not at all..." Mitch said.

"You're not fat, Mitch. You are gorgeous and..." I said, but I didn't finish my sentence.

"And what?" Mitch asked.

"Nothing." I answered.

We continued eating our dinner without saying a word.