14

one week later

millie woke up from the sound of her alarm. first day back to school. she sighed, getting out of her bed and into the the shower.

when she finished showering, she combed her hair out and got dressed. she wore some black high waisted shorts, a white crop top, and a pair of adidas. she then grabbed her bag and phone, walking down stairs to eat some breakfast.

"morning sweetie." her mother said, grabbing a box of cereal and some milk, setting it on the table for millie. "thanks mum." millie replied, pouring the cereal into the bowl and then some milk.

the girl unlocked her phone and texted finn.

millie: wake up its the first day of school

finn: okok i'm awake

millie: get ready, i'll be at your house in 10 minutes

finn: can't wait x

millie put her bowl into the sink and walked back upstairs to brush her teeth and blow dry her hair. "mum i'm leaving." millie yelled, picking up her phone, keys, and bag. "have a good first day." her mum yelled back. millie smiled, knowing she would see the boy she loved in a matter of minutes.

~

finn jumped out of his bed, throwing on a pair of black jeans and a white t-shirt. he walked into the kitchen, grabbing a slice of toast with jam and a cup of water. after he finished, he walked back up stairs to brush his teeth and get his shoes on.

he walked to the living room, plopping down on the couch waiting for millie. about seven minutes later, there was a knock at the door. "i'll get it!" finn yelled, grabbing his bag and opening the door for millie. "hey mills." he said, embracing her in a hug. "hi." she said into his chest.

they let go of each other and walked to finn's car. "thanks for driving me." millie said as she put her seat belt on. "no problem mills." he replied, his eyes on the road. "i hope we have some classes together." millie said. more like all classes together. that would be amazing and so helpful. "yeah, that would be great." finn said smiling to himself.

millie pulled out her phone, texting sadie that finn and her were on their way to the school. finn turned the radio on, lightly humming to the sweet tunes that played. millie clicked her phone off, leaned her head back, and closed her eyes. she wanted to do anything but go into the hell hole every kid is forced to go to. unless they're homeschooled... lucky them.

before she knew it, her and finn were walking into school hand in hand. this should be fun. millie thought, rolling her eyes. when she walked into the school, she smelled paper and chalk. what a great smell. not. "finn, get your schedule out i want to see if we have any classes together." millie said, getting her schedule out.

finn handed millie his schedule. millie looked at the two lives of paper, seeing if they had any classes together. her face lit up when she saw they both had english and science together. "finnie!! we have english and science together!" millie cheered. finn felt a big smile appearing on his face. english and science were his least favorite subjects, next to math.

millie being in two of the three would make them a lot better. "cmon, we have to meet the others." finn said pulling millie by the hand. "ok." she said, walking next to the tall boy.