30

play song when i say! :)

~

the eight friends were laughing their heads off. it was something gaten said. of course, they forgot why they were laughing after five minutes.

laughter is good for the soul. it brings joy onto people's faces. sometimes you are so joyful that you start crying because you're laughing so hard. that kind of happiness is medicine for a broken heart. for hard times and rough endings.

it's a beautiful sound, truly.

when you hear someone laughing, you can't help but laugh as well. laugh with them.

and that right now was what was going on; laughter.

first it was millie who let out a cackle, which of course, finn found adorable. then sadie laughed, then noah, then grace. they fell to the floor, which made everyone at their table crack up. caleb was recording the whole thing, then he of course joined them.

it was all fun and games until a certain brown haired girl appeared at their table.

"millie bobby brown. is that you??" she said, making everyone's head turn to look at her standing before them. "maddie!?" she said in disbelief, "what are you doing here??" sadie asked, locking eyes with millie and switching worried glances.

maddie locked eyes with finn. "nice to see you too." she said with a chuckle. "w-where did you go?? and why just all of a sudden?!" millie asked as she walked over to maddie and gave her a hug. maddie let out a sign, releasing from millies grip. "oh, just family stuff." she said, making everyone nod.

"how's life been without me, hm? i'm sure you and finn have had an amazing time being together. how long has it been since you started dating?" she asked, a mischievous grin creeping onto her lips.

"a few months actually! it's been really great." millie spoke happily, walking over to finn and looping her arm around his. the curly haired boy looked down at millie with a worry in his eyes. millie brushed it off, she remembered finn wasn't good with meeting people. "that's so great!" maddie chirped, taking a seat with them. "mind if i eat with you guys?" she asked, "um, sure!" sadie replied, handing her a menu. "thanks red." maddie said, opening the menu and searching for something to fill her stomach.

~

the air was filled with tension so thick you could cut through it. everyone could feel it, but none bothered to mention it. finn and millie were being flirty with each other, which everyone found adorable.

of course, sadie was so happy watching them be all lovey dovey. maddie thought it was disgusting, after all, she always wanted something like that for herself. she and jack didn't work out and she was left with a broken heart that was never mended.

"SO, what have you lovelies been up to this year??" maddie asked, glaring at millie. she was now seated on finn's lap playing with his curls. she kissed his nose before turning herself towards maddie and repositioning herself more comfortably on finn's lap. finn wrapped his arm around her stomach, rubbing little circle shapes against her skin.

"well, this year has been very.... how do you say?" rowan said, looking for a word to describe their year in school. "i-it's been really fun. many things have happened, lots of ups and downs. but we've all gotten through them." she explained, not going into further detail about the ups and downs.