21

a broken heart is the worst. it's like having broken ribs. no one can see the pain, but it's unbearable every time you breathe.

~

"millie, cmon you can't lay in bed all day." sadie said as she tied her hair up in a messy bun. millie sniffled, "yeah i can." she huffed.

the poor girl didn't want to face her problems. she didn't want to face finn, and she definitely didn't want to face iris. "you cannot millie. you're going to talk to finn, and you're going to solve things." sadie said, pulling the blanket off of millie, making her scream. "sadie!" millie tried to grab the blanket out of sadie's hands, but she backed away which made millie fall off of the bed.

"i hate you." millie mumbled, getting off of the floor. "no you don't." sadie said with a smile. "sadly." millie said under her breath. sadie giggled at millie, dropping the blanket and walking out of the room. millie contemplated on getting back in bed or getting out of it. she decided to be productive today. the small girl walked over to her dresser pulling out some high waisted jeans and a black adidas crop top.

she decided to leave her hair how it was; flowly and natural. she walked down the stairs to see sadie sitting on the couch watching high school musical. "sadie what have i told you about eating on the couch?" millie said, running over to sadie, taking the bag of ruffles out of her hands, running and taking some.

"MILLIE!!!" sadie literally yelled, laughing and chasing the girl. millie ran through the kitchen, the living room, up the stairs, through her room, and back to the couch where she finally stopped running and sat down, out of breath. sadie came speeding to where millie was, snatching the bag of ruffles from her. "you need to go and sort things out with finn." sadie said as she put a chip into her mouth.

millie sighed heavily at sadie's statement. "i-i know. i just- let's not talk about that right now please?" millie said with a sad smile. sadie nodded her head, understanding what she feeling. because she knew the exact feeling she was feeling.

~

finn pulled on a pair of grey sweats and a black t-shirt. he went down to the kitchen, making himself a piece of toast. he was startled when he heard steps behind him. "wolfhard." the groggy voice said, passing by him to get a cup of coffee.

"grazer." finn responded, bettering his toast and walking back into the room where caleb was. "can we leave??" finn begged, getting his shoes on. caleb sighed, nodding his head and grabbing his keys. "get your shirt man." caleb said before finn closed the door to the room. finn quickly grabbed it, following caleb out of the smelly house.

"later boys." jack grumbled. they waved, closing the door to the grazer household, getting in the car and closing their doors. finn let out a breath of air he didn't know he was holding in. "i need to to millie." he stated. "no shit." caleb mumbled, starting the cat and driving off. "first let's go out to get breakfast."

finn nodded, ready to stuff his face with food. "hello yeah."

~

after the boys finished eating, finn pulled out his phone clicking on the contact labeled 'mills 💓,' he sighed before shooting her a text.

finn: hi millie. i know you're probably not going to respond to this, but we need to talk. i need to tell you some stuff. if you see this, please meet me at the park. 4 pm.