22

millie slammed the door to sadie's car, taking a deep breath, waving her goodbye. "thank you for driving me sades." millie whispered before turning around and spotting him.

she sighed, walking over to the curly haired boy. he looked up, locking eyes with millie. he gave her a look she couldn't quite figure out. she broke their eye contact, looking at her feet as she walked. why did i agree to this.

she sat down next to finn, leaving a reasonable amount of space in between them. finn sighed before he spoke. "i'm sorry." he said quietly. "i'm sorry, i screwed up. i broke your trust mills." finn said shakily, millie's stomach swarming with butterflies at the nickname.

she turned her head so she was facing finn, "i know that i b-broke your trust. and i know that you're probably so so hurt right now," finn stated. "but i just want you to know how much y-you've changed me. how much i've learned from you. you've made m happy like no one else has. you have brought me so much joy. you, millie, you're the reason i've been so happy lately. without you, i wouldn't be this happy. you're my source of happiness. and those 24 hours without you were hell. you being here makes me happier than i was four minutes ago when you weren't. you're my happiness millie. you bring me the most joy out of anyone. it's you. you're the one. you're the one that- that i love." millie's breathing hitched. did finn just say he loved me?

"i love you, millie bobby brown. i love you more than all of the starts and the planets in the world. you are my light. you're the one who can make me smile on the darkest of days. it's you that makes me my best self. you make my heart go. whenever you're around, even if it's for a split second, my stomach turns into a jungle where there are swarms with butterflies, where lions roar. you're my love millie. i, finn wolfhard am in love with you." finn said, letting out a breath of air.

he looked to millie, who was now in tears. he cupped her face in his hands, making them meet eyes. "i love you." he whispered, wiping away the tears that fell from millie's face. "i didn't know someone could love me that much." millie whispered, sniffling. finn let out a soft laugh. "i-i love you too, finn." millie confessed, making the boy smile his biggest smile.

millie smiled back at him as he lifted her up, embracing her in a hug. millie cuddled her head in the crook of finn's neck, finn resting his chin on millie's head. they just stood there for a few seconds, embracing the warmth they were giving each other. millie mumbled something into finn's neck, tickling him. "that tickles mills." he said, letting out a light laugh. millie smiled, releasing from the hug and looking finn in the eyes. "you're a pretty boy." she whispered, leaning in.

finn followed millie's actions, pressing his lips against hers. he missed her lips. the feel, the taste. the kiss sent sparks through their bodies as they collided. their lips moved in perfect sync, back and forth. they didn't want to let go, but they did, both breathing heavily.

they just smiled & laughed lightly, happy they were in good terms.

but, little did they know, everything was going to go downhill from here.

~

unedited