CHAPTER 51: ACCEPTING DESTINY

"I'm going to buy a dog, Dara. My ferret is boring... Do you want a dog too? I want a German shepherd." Chanyeol smiled as they walked into the huge garden in front of the mansion while holding hands.

"Yeah. I think a fluffy dog is nice. Will you buy me a dog if I asked you to?" Dara spoke, her yellow dress beautifully contrasted from the fresh green grass just below their feet. Her hair flew innocently everywhere as she glanced at the perfectly cared flowers.

"I'll buy you one. For now, I'll buy you chocolate for Christmas." Chanyeol scratched his nape as he realized he asked something that he couldn't give in the present.

"My daddy buys mommy chocolates every time. I asked why and my dad told me that he loves my mommy so much so he gives her chocolates. Does that mean, you love me too?" Dara asked, her small hands were gently intertwined with Chanyeol's larger hand. Innocence lingered in her voice.

"Mm. I love you. So I'll give you chocolates every time." Chanyeol smiled at Dara innocently.

"I love you too Chanyeol! You're the best! I get to eat chocolates every day now!" Dara giggled.

They're both close when they were small. Parents influence, fixed with business negations and all.

They were inseparable before. Everything was all smiles and playful activities like drawing and painting, running, and hiding.

Up until one time.

.

.

.

"Hyung, mommy, and daddy said that we are going out of the country," Dara spoke, almost crying as he hugged Chanyeol.

"Tell them that you don't want to go. Don't just leave me here!" Chanyeol spoke harshly as he was scared too that the small girl would leave him. They've been friends since babies and as small kids, friendship is a strong bond that you couldn't just break.

"I told them I don't want to, and they said I needed to go there to get treated," Dara spoke, sniffling.

"You're sick?" Chanyeol asked concerned.

"No. But I heard them talking about me and my health. And about treatments." She sadly exclaimed.

"Daddy told me we're going to our grandma later. Maybe we could play tomorrow, I'll bring my toys. And maybe I could hide here so that I won't force to go abroad." Dara smiled as she wiped her tears.

"Yeah. I'll hide you in my room and lock the doors and don't let anyone take you away from me. Just promise me that you'll never leave me." Chanyeol spoke.

"Promise," Dara responded.

Dara was ushered with his nanny as she was led to their SUV. She waved at Chanyeol happily, shouting that she'll be back soon, on the opened car window.

Chanyeol smiled and shouted that he'll be waiting as he held his basketball in his hands with hope glittering in his eyes. He was so close to Dara and he knows that he's happy with her forever.

But later that day, his parents explained that Dara will not come back anymore because there's something to do with the poor girl's health and her parents decided instead to spread their business abroad.