Chapter 3

We walked into the apartment building and Augustus held the door open for me as I walked in. I was walking towards the stairs and he was walking towards the elevator. I realized he was not behind me once I reached the door. I looked behind me and saw him standing over at the elevators waiting for one to open. "Gus!" I said loud enough to where he could hear me all the way across the lobby. He looked around and eventually saw me looking at him. "Come on!" I said to where he could hear me again. "Are you sure?" He said. He asked it like he was worried. I know why he would be worried. I mean, I'm his girlfriend and I can't breathe. "Yep." I said with a determined look on my face. Gus walked over to the stairs and opened the door for me. I started walking up the stairs with Gus behind at every level asking me if I'm okay. He would at some point pick my oxygen tank up for me and hold my hand to help me get up a step. Finally we reached the 5th floor. Augustus opened the door for me and we walked down the hallway. Once we got to his door, I layed my head against the wall. He stopped trying to put the keys in the door and looked at me. I was taking deep breathes. "You okay?" He asked as he put his hand on my back. He rubbed his hand up and down. "Yep." I said with a smile. He smiled then went back to opening the door. When he opened the door, he picked me up and carried me to the couch. "Just lay there for a few minutes and you should feel better." Gus said as he laid me down. Since I spend the night with Gus a lot, He has a BI-PAP at his house, too. Augustus grabbed my BI-PAP and hooked me up to it. He walked into his room and got the movie that he showed me the day I first met him, V For Vendetta. He walked back into the living room and put the movie in the DVD player. I was feeling better so I sat up on the couch. He sat down next to me and put his arm around me. A few minutes later, my head was on his chest and I was in a deep sleep.