Tom Riddle's Unknown Past (TomRiddlexReader)

A/N

I do not own Harry Potter!!

I am not sure if Mr Wool had a child but I'm doing it for the one-shot.

It all started that night, a day after Tom Marvolo Riddle was born, a baby girl/boy was laid into a basket with a blanket for lining

It all started that night, a day after Tom Marvolo Riddle was born, a baby girl/boy was laid into a basket with a blanket for lining. The little baby was about Tom's age that time, a newborn, and with no parents. Like Tom, the baby had a tuft of hair, which was unusual for something so young. She/he was barely a week old and yet the baby had soft, blonde baby hair. Tom had something similar, only, he had jet black strands that were shorter. Mrs Cole and her assistant, a pretty young lady, named Martha decided to keep the child and raise her/him like the others. The girl/boy's name was unknown so they pondered about what her/his name should be. The girl/boy's name was chosen to be 'Y/N'. Also, the name Y/N was from Mr Wool's daughter/son, who he loved very much. Martha placed Y/N next to Tom and watched them. Tom stared at Y/N curiously with his (again, unusual) dark blue eyes. Y/N opened her/his eyes to reveal brown gems. Martha smiled. These two will become amazing friends. Y/N turned her/his head to see Tom and gurgled. Martha sat there, in her comfy chair, in shock. Most of the babies here didn't start 'gurgling' until they were at least 1-2 years old. Tom gurgled back and Martha laughed. She stood up and scooped both babies in her arms. Tom and Y/N looked up at Martha in wonder. Martha chuckled as she walked to the nursery and placed both of them in the same cot, since there weren't many cots in the orphanage. Martha walked out of the room, humming a strange tune about a place called 'Hogwarts', (or was it 'Hogwash'?), that she heard a man that wore a weird looking trench coat sing while she was out buying groceries. She found it quite catchy...

5 years later

Y/N and Tom were sitting next to each other under a tree. Tom was reading a book about a wizard named Oz and something about a yellow brick road while Y/N was looking out to watch the children play hop-scotch. Y/N longed to play with them but she/he couldn't leave Tom all alone. After all, they were best friends. Tom looked up and saw Y/N staring at the other children with a longing look. Tom bit his lip. He knew that Y/N wanted to play with them but he couldn't help but be a little selfish and wanted to keep Y/N all to himself. But you two share a room. You spend every second with her/him, Tom's inner voice said. Tom growled. That inner voice was annoying at times. Tom turned to Y/N and sighed. "You can go play with them if you want", Tom whispered. Y/N turned to see him with shock in her/his brown eyes.

"Are you sure Tommy? You will be lonely and I don't want that. Oh, I know! You can play with me and them!" Y/N said happily. Y/N and Tom were polar opposites. Tom had black hair and blue eyes while Y/N had blonde hair and brown eyes. Tom was anti-social while Y/N was laughing and joking around with her/his peers. They were like yin and yang. They were different yet they balanced each other perfectly. Tom's heart warmed at the thought of Y/N worrying about him being lonely.

"Are you sure? They might not like me", Tom said softly. Tom was wary of other people. He couldn't trust them. He couldn't trust anyone besides Y/N. Y/N frowned.