A prank and a pleasant surprise (Fred x Reader)

A/N

GUESS WHO UPDATED THIS BOOK AFTER A LONG TIME?! ME THAT'S WHO!!!

I decided to update this book since I put my other book on hiatus. I'm not sure when the next time I update is however.

And a bit more information about this oneshot, you are in your late twenties. And Fred isn't dead.

I don't own Harry Potter or the Wizarding World.

P.S. ARE YOU GUYS PROUD OF ME!? I DIDN'T ABANDON THIS BOOK WOW IM ACTUALLY HYPED TOO BAD I WONT UPDATE IN A LONG TIME AGAIN LMAO

 ARE YOU GUYS PROUD OF ME!? I DIDN'T ABANDON THIS BOOK WOW IM ACTUALLY HYPED TOO BAD I WONT UPDATE IN A LONG TIME AGAIN LMAO

You woke up hazily, blinking away the drowsiness. Suddenly, you felt weird and a cold sensation creep all over your body. You sighed. It was probably a bloody prank from your boyfriend, Fred Weasley and his partner in crime, George Weasley. Sure, you were his girlfriend, but did that make you immune to his pranks? No. You and him were visiting his family, a time when Fred and George would reunite and go all out with their pranks. When you asked him why he liked pranking you the most, his response was always the same:

"You have amazing reactions!"

It annoyed you to no end. You accioed a handheld mirror and caught it with a little fumbling on your part. You looked at your reflection and your suspicion was true. Your skin turned neon green and your hair was a hot pink, the colours clashing horribly. You growled, you can't go walking around looking like a failed potions experiment! It's too embarrassing. Then you felt something land on your leg. Glancing at the thing, your eyes met a crumpled little piece of parchment. Still annoyed with your git of a boyfriend, you snatched it up and smoothened out the parchment. The handwriting was undoubtedly Fred's, you could recognise that messy chicken scrawl anywhere. You started to read the note, sighing as you realised its contents.

Hello my beloved (Y/N),

You scoffed at that. Beloved your arse.

As you can see, your lovely skin and luscious locks are in an interesting combination of colours.

No shit.

Don't worry love! You can fix it!

You perked up at this. Fix it? Could you really?

You just need to do a favour for me though. Meet me at the treehouse near the pond when you finish reading this.

Lots of love,

Freddie

You started to feel a little giddy. You could fix this stupid prank and not have to suffer pitying looks and horribly disguised mirth. But you shouldn't get your hopes up. There were probably more horrible pranks waiting for you. And the favour was probably something near impossible to do. It wouldn't hurt to try though... Making up your mind, you grabbed a scarf, beanie and a big cloak and covered yourself up. You walked out of your room and made your way out of the house. Thankfully, everyone else decided to sleep in a little bit.

Finally, you made it to the treehouse. It wasn't far so she didn't feel like dying. You saw the ladder leading up to the treehouse and grabbed hold of it, grimacing at the sight of neon green fingers. Climbing up was a bit of a struggle since you was still tired and it was a bit cold this morning, so your limbs were a little stiff. You persevered however and made it into the treehouse. There you saw Fred lounging on a couch. He spotted you and smiled sheepishly at you. Your annoyance at him started to show and you stared at the red head heatedly. His sheepish smile then turned into a sort of grimace.

"You're an absolute dick, Fred Weasley"

"Yeah, I know", Fred murmured. Said man rubbed the back of his neck nervously. Then he walked closer to you. When he stopped in front of you, he held out a vial. Most likely the antidote. You looked at him cautiously. He chuckled a bit. "It's fine, just drink it". You smiled a little and took the vial. You raised to your lips and looked at him again. He rolled his eyes. "It's not going to hurt you". Then you knocked back the vial, like you would a shot. You nearly puked at the nasty aftertaste it left. Realising that you were probably normal, you raised your hand to your face and to your relief, your hand was normal. All of a sudden, everything went dark.

"W-What's going on? Fred?" You stuttered nervously.

"Don't worry love, it's only temporary". You sighed in relief. Then there was light again but this time, the treehouse was decorated in fairy lights, and Fred was on his right knee, holding a box with a ring inside. It was nothing too fancy, just a white gold band and a small diamond was encrusted on the surface. You gasped and tears welled in your eyes.

"In the note, I did say about you doing me a favour. Would you be mine, forever? Like, will you marry me? Oh hell, I didn't think this through, George said I was hopeless, dear Merlin help me –", Fred was cut off by a squeal.

"YES! YES YOU SODDING LUNATIC! OF COURSE I'LL MARRY YOU!"

Fred sighed in relief. It felt like a weight was lifted off his chest, he was finally going to marry you.