02

She spent the night alone with the darkness in her room, planning to weep herself silently to sleep. But her mind was keeping her awake with the situation she never expected to have.

It was already cleared that she would be having a hard time conceiving from now on, and on her next menstrual period, it'd be harder for her to deal with her diagnostic since no oral treatments worked on her. That afternoon she also met her internist who told her to take iron-supplements and instructed her about her proper diet. But that's nothing about her discussion with Dr. Song.

"You didn't ovulate. Which is because of your late diagnostic. I'm sorry, but you're also prone of being infertile."

"Infer.. tile?" she said, blinking unbelievably.

The doctor nodded slightly. "You can take hormonal medications for your progesterone as a treatment for anovulation. But what we need to worry about is how to deal with your next menstrual cycle knowing that no oral treatments worked."

"What you're trying to say is, my condition can get worse?"

"Yes," the doctor admitted.

"And so as my.." she wanted to say infertility but even that word was not decent enough for her to hear anymore, "capability of conceiving?"

"Yes, you're right."

"How.." she gulped and gritted her teeth for a second, trying to conceal her breakdown. "How long 'till it get worst?"

"Given your circumstances, if the treatment didn't make your progesterone stable enough.." the doctor took a deep breath. Being a woman herself, she knew how hard it would be for the young adult sitting across her, "you have two months."

Upon replaying the happening, she sobbed against her pillow once again. She was instructed well to avoid emotional stress, but she couldn't help but to feel hopeless and alone. Because she knew, although the doctor tried not to let it obvious on her face, she had a high possibility of not having a baby. And all her life, since the first time she ever attended a wedding when she was a child, the biggest dream she had was walking on the aisle and have a family. It seemed easy to achieve that dream just a week ago, but now she could see it moving further away from her reach.

I want - and I will have a baby, she thought. With that on her mind, she blindly searched for her phone. Her eyes squinted, hurt by the sudden flash of light while scrolling through her call list. After spotting an unsaved number, she hit the call button and let it rang.

Please, please answer the phone.

She waited for a few more rings before it was connected to a call. But no words escaped from her mouth for a moment until a male voice broke the silence.

"Seul?"

As if a cue, she spoke:

"Jimin, I need to meet you."

-

It was against her will to meet with her ex-boyfriend, but nothing could ever stop her from making her dream come true which was having a baby. And she needed to achieve that as soon as possible.

"ARE YOU INSANE?!" Wendy exclaimed once she had knowledge about her plan.

"Maybe I am," she said, not even looking at her. "But I knew him since fifth grade and -"

"YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY THINK THAT HE WOULD JUST BANG YOU WITHOUT A CONDOM!" Her friend protested, completely enraged with the idea of her desperately asking her ex-boyfriend for a sex.