15

Wendy was worried sick when Seulgi arrived that Sunday morning. She was not answering her phone since last night and she woke up without her presence around their apartment still. It downed to her that the same situation had happened last December, and she was not wrong.

Seulgi was welcomed with a handful of lecture from her best friend. Telling her that doing things around with a player would do her no good and how come she turned out that way after a short period of time. But it all stopped when Seulgi started telling what truly happened to clear her frantic mind.

"HE'S SUPPOSED TO GO HERE," she said, shaking Wendy's shoulders. "BUT I'M ALREADY THERE."

Wendy blinked her eyes, puzzled. "What do you mean?!"

"He was supposed to talk to me here in our place," she explained further. "It turns out we had the same thing in mind and I'm faster to make a move."

"And then what?" Wendy asked, crossing her arms together.

"He told me he loves me," she smiled upon remembering the scenario while Wendy's eyes widened. She let go of her. "I told him I feel the same."

"Oh. My. God," Wendy let out in English and gripped on her shoulders this time. "He really said that? How? What happened?!"

Seulgi shoved her arms away and turned around dreamily. "You know what happened," she simply said and walked towards her room. "Now I need to take a bath."

She left her best friend with her mouth agape. "Yah! Still! You should've at least texted me!" Wendy half-shouted when she closed her door. But she couldn't spend time just standing there and thought about reheating the breakfast for her.

There was a notification when Seulgi checked her phone after her warm bath while following the delicious aroma of bacon with maple syrup, scrambled eggs, kimchi fried rice and fresh ground coffee. A genuine smile appeared on her lips conspicuously for Wendy who peeked at her phone screen as she served the rice on the table.

Wendy found the reason behind her genuine smile when she saw the received message.

"Is he the..?" Seulgi's smile got wider and she took it as an answer. "He seemed to be different from the personality you told us he has."

"I don't know. He's just so hard to predict," she said, still looking at the photo he sent her a minute ago. She swiped on the screen and hit the camera button. "Wait," she told her best friend, stopping her from sitting. "Let's take a photo, eo?"

"What-? shiro~"

"Why not? I want him to see you too," she said with a grin. "Come 'on," she got her phone ready. Wendy sighed and stood beside her. "One.. two.. Kim. Chi!" she said then pressed the capture button. She was showing a heart with her fingers, hair still damp and bare-faced with her best friend looking at her weirdly behind her on purpose which turned out funny. "You're looking at me as if I'm being silly," she told her after chuckling.

"Send it. You look adorable," Wendy said, watching her typing a message together with the picture. "'Have a nice day'? Who is he, your friend?" she said with another sigh. "You can't say that to your boyfriend who just called you 'honey'".

"I knew it's kinda.. lame," she admitted and erased the caption. "I just felt I'm talking to my boss."

"You are," Wendy said as a matter-of-fact. "But you're not on work so make it more casual. I thought he's the one foreign to relationship, how come it seems like it's you?"

"Stop it," she said and pouted her bottom lip as they sat down by the table.

Wendy started to serve herself a small amount of rice, eating for the second time that morning while she thought of a better caption and munching on a crispy sweet bacon. When three minutes passed and she's still clutching her phone, her best friend laughed while shaking her head.