16

Seulgi necessarily set her alarm prior her slumber if she didn’t trust herself to wake up on time the next morning. Since their everyday regular work starts at 8 o’clock in the morning, one and a half hour was enough for preparation but today, her alarm seemed to ring a little earlier than usual.

It was not her alarm, it’s a phone call from Taehyung.

She’s not the type to get angry or upset when wakened up but seeing that he’s the one to bother at that kind of hour, it made her particularly happy. It may felt like her day was already complete but she knew there’s still a long way to go.

“Sorry – did I wake you up?” Taehyung worried from the other line. His voice soft yet naturally deep. “I just thought I should call you..”

The first smile for the day appeared on her lips when she slowly sat up on her bed. “Why did you think so?”

“I think that’s what boyfriends should do,” he guessed and she could feel him smiling as well.

“Tell me more,” she said with her sweet, requesting voice. “Why did you call me?”

There was a soft laughter from him. “Seriously? I just want to do it for the first time – you know, calling a girl first thing in the morning.”

“So you just woke up?” she asked, having the smile into a huge grin.

“About ten minutes ago and I did nothing. Then I called you,” he answered honestly.

“Okay..”

There was a teasing silence only because she’s waiting for him to end the call. It was unlikely, for they both knew no one wanted to end the conversation. She thought it was sweeter than having a morning greeting message from him. It was a good move and she wondered if he did it on purpose. Her thoughts continued to grow, killing the time without her knowing. And when a minute was about to pass, he was the one to spoke:

“I wanted to hear your voice.. that’s why I called.”

Temperature came up and she’s fanning herself a second after. “That’s good,” she chuckled. “I wanted to hear your voice too once I wake up – and I did.”

“It’s because I woke you up myself,” he chuckled as well, glad that he called her. “Shall I pick you up there later?”

Seulgi thought about it. And she declined.

That’s when it downed to her that she’s officially dating her own boss which she never cared for at the first place. But now that it’s happening, what would the next right thing to do? It took her awhile to determine what and he understood her point –

“I see..” he responded. “But I don’t see what’s wrong. There’s nothing according to our professional code of ethics that we shouldn’t date.”

“I know,” she said with a pinch of guilt. “But I don’t want them to think of us the wrong way..”

“I understand. Don’t worry,” he said for her relief. “But we can’t keep about us forever, you know.”

“I know,” she said yet again.

It was just empty silence with unspoken words hanging in the air. Seulgi was keeping in her mind that it’s inevitable for his boyfriend to give worthy points and should be expecting to receive at least one in every conversation.

Seulgi was pretty sure he’d go to work first according to the usual time he used to go. Just to mention, she did come to the office a quarter late on purpose. There was nothing new in the office as she tried so hard to act normal. For the first couple of hours sitting inside her cubicle, she behaved as if every movement she did triggers suspicion on the eyes of others. There’s a moment when she noticed the venetian blinds of her boyfriend’s office were opened. She didn’t know if she’d be flushed or more conscious than she already was but one thing she realized minutes later, she’s more relaxed knowing that Taehyung was just behind her, perhaps watching.