19

“So Taehyung, I heard you’re Chul’s boss?”

It was his first time being in a relationship in his whole twenty-five years of existence and the interrogation part of it from a best friend had never occurred to his mind. He glanced at the kitchen where he could see the back view of Wendy, stirring a pot of what smelled like corn soup.

“I’m sorry,” his girlfriend muttered before leaving him alone in the living room, standing and have nothing else to do.

“You heard it right,” he answered instead to her best friend, loud enough for her to hear. “Can I help you with anything there?”

Wendy immediately declined the offer. “I’m almost done, anyway. Just feel at home!” she added attentively.

Taehyung was quite relieved since he’s a shite when it comes to working in the kitchen. He doubted he could offer any help at all if she accepted it. With a short respond, he put his hands inside her pantsuit’s pockets and leisurely walked around the living room. The unit had white walls, spacious, well-ventilated, with a huge tangerine carpet across the living room whereas the glassed coffee table sat between the couches and TV-set. On the left wall, half meter beside Seulgi’s room, there was a pale blue wooden cabinet. Aside from its vintage effect, the photo frames standing above it caught his special attention.

The frame at the center displayed a photo of Seulgi, Wendy, and another guy smiling with them. From the background, it looked like they were on an amusement park and from their looks, it seemed like it was taken a long time ago. He stared at his girlfriend for a few more seconds, for it was his first time seeing a photo of her without her bangs and having a wheat-colored hairstyle.

The twin-frames from the right showed photos of the two ladies wearing their graduation uniform, having great smiles on their faces and the other showed them wearing formal attires in which he guessed  was during the baccalaureate party. And the last photo from the left was a selca of her and her best friend. They looked a lot younger with their reddish brown hair for Seulgi and yellowish blonde for Wendy. They also had Christmas accessories on their heads, making him smile by seeing how cute they were.

Just when he’s stepping back from the furniture, there was an electric chime from the front door, revealing a man around their age, pulling his hoody down behind his head while removing his shoes

He suspected it was Hoseok whom his girlfriend had mentioned before and also the person from one of the photos he just saw. He waited until the man noticed his presence.

“Hey,” Hoseok greeted amiably. “Hoseok,” he offered his hand. “I assume you’re Kim Taehyung?”

He casually nodded his head with the same friendly smile and shook his hand twice. “Yes. It’s nice to meet you.”

Taehyung’s formal and reserved personality towards the people he just recently made acquaintance with were immediately noticed by the newcomer. But looking at the man Seulgi was talking about all the time, he agreed that there was something intimidating from his aura.