04

The following morning was one of the best mornings she had. The first thing she saw after fluttering her eyes open was the man lying on his back. Her arm over his naked torso which made her eyes widened. She couldn't remember hugging him last night. In fact, it was him who hugged her, right?

Slowly, she removed her arm away from him and sat up from the bed. She was glad the pain finally disappeared after hours of rest. But before standing from the bed, she threw him a glance. He was still half-naked.

The first thing she did was to dress herself properly before searching for the bathroom. Fortunately it was just on the corner of the room. She made sure she got her handbag to retouch herself to be decent enough before going home. But as soon as she was standing in front of the wide mirror, she was terrified seeing the love marks scattered around her neck and collar bones.

"What the-" she muttered, leaning towards the mirror as if double-checking.

She scoffed unbelievably. She tapped one of the hickeys and scrunched her nose when it stung. Immediately, she searched for her press powder and tried to conceal it.

On one of the cabinets she found an extra brush and a small toothpaste. Making her think that he must be ready for something like what they did last night. Or maybe he's just prone upon having unwanted guests? But that's the point, isn't it?

After fixing herself, she checked the time. She still have plenty of time before her work. But she thought it's better to leave before the other wakes up. Upon checking the time she also saw the date. It was December 31.

So December 30 was his birthday.

While approaching the bed she wondered how old he was already. Based on his features, he couldn't be way older or younger than her age. But who knows?

When Seulgi was about to sit on the bed, the man turned to lie on his stomach. Her eyes widened once again upon seeing the prominent scratches on his back and the bites on his shoulder. The scratches were crimson red, and it's too prominent it hurts just by looking at it.

Now she's not that sure what really happened last night. But the way she remembered it didn't matter. One thing she knew was that it was phenomenal.

Carefully, she sat on the bed while looking at his face after wearing her heels. She reached out to move some strands on his long hair away, revealing the handsomest face she had ever seen up close - from the bridge of his nose to his eyes' frames of long lashes. Especially his lips that she once claimed as hers. But she knew there would be nothing more than that night. She knew he was someone who wouldn't give a damn with a woman who willingly lost her own self-respect for a night with him.

Someone like her.

As that thought slapped her across her face hard, she sighed. She wished she met him on a different situation. Or at least she played hard to get. But it was already done. Regret would do her nothing at that point.

"Belated happy birthday," she said softly before leaning forward to give him a soft kiss on the forehead.

She wasted no time and stood from the bed. Careful not to wake him up. But just then, she noticed his wallet, the only thing lying on the carpeted floor. Having some kind of compulsive behavior, she picked it up, then an idea crossed her mind.

Before spreading the leather wallet open, she spared him a glance to make sure he's unaware of what she's about to do. Because her following actions were against the law through invasion of privacy. But fuck the law. It's not like they didn't invade each other's privacy last night.

There was a card displayed once she opened the wallet which she realized was a college ID, and she swore under her breath once she saw his photo on the right side of the card. All because he's too handsome with his hair cut a little shorter than now.