12

The small commotion caught Taehyung’s attention without delay. His movements were restricted even if he wanted to be the one carrying Seulgi’s half-conscious body because of the little bit of anger still severing his heart.

HyunA was the first to rescue her and soon joined by her field engineer partner who was strong enough to carry her body. Taehyung was composed when he approached the small group and eventually heard her murmuring while trying to fight unconsciousness.

“What happened here?” he asked, not expecting that his words would come out shaky.

“I don’t know,” HyunA said breathlessly, frightened on what she’s seeing. “She’s saying something – she’s freaking me out!”

“M-my legs,” Seulgi murmured, her arms hanging lifelessly. Her lower jaw was loosening as if she’s falling asleep. With difficulty, she inhaled. “Lift.. my.. l-hegs,” she exhaled.

“I’ll take her from here,” Taehyung said firmly without looking at the engineer who let him carry her weak body. “Tell everyone not to worry in case they come back.”

Taehyung carried her in bridal style. The engineer obeyed him.

“What should we do?” HyunA asked helplessly whom he never thought would lose composure that easy despite her independent and strong image. “She’s so pale.”

“We need to lift her legs,” he said while walking towards her car but stopped, thinking it’s quite small for her to lie comfortably. Instead, he walked towards his own vehicle. “HyunA-ssi, could you open the car? The thing’s on my pocket,” he said breathlessly, not expecting that she’s quite heavy. “Quick!”

“Here, here,” HyunA said, clicking the device then forthwith opened the door of the backseat for them.

“Thanks,” he managed to utter then carefully lied her now unconscious body on the back seat. “Could you get her bag? There might be something out there that can help us,” he added while reclining the seats to make the place more comfortable.

As soon as HyunA was out of sight, he took a shaky breath, nervous and frightened to see her pale figure almost looking lifeless. He immediately removed her sandals off, believing that it’d make her more comfortable, and nonchalantly tossed it away, not caring if it’d smudge the interior of his car. With all the care he can muster, he lifted her covered legs to the tinted window of his car. While doing so, he thought she must’ve been familiar with the current situation, knowing that she knew the first thing to do for the case: to restore the proper blood flow to her brain, and lifting her legs up would be a big help to make it occur.

Afterwards, he checked her temperature and she was sweating coldly.

“Shit,” he cursed under his breath and went out without closing the other door of his car. He started the engine with haste to turn on the installed heater. When he saw HyunA returning, he went out.

“Here’s the bag,” she said, a little breathless because of the jogging.

“Take a look on it,” he said, not wanting to see what’s inside because when she wakes up, she might somehow think it’s an invasion of privacy. And at times like that, he didn’t want to cause any argument again.

“Alright,” she said while nodding. “The West pair is asking for you, by the way. I think I can take it from here,” she added while returning the remote device of his car.

Taehyung wanted to stay, or at least ask her if she’s really sure upon taking care of the unconscious, but he didn’t want to raise any speculation between them. Especially that there’s no “them” happening at all.