14

Tracks of Arctic Monkeys were filling the room after Taehyung took a warm peaceful shower, when he thought of nothing but Seulgi's poisonous words:

"What we had was just for a night."

He hated every single letter forming the damn sentence. It was like a curse permanently marked on his brain only to be erased by her. If only he can just say his feelings, perhaps she'd give him a chance.

Are you a daft? He scolded himself. She fucking hates you.

I dreamt about you near me every night this week
How many secrets can you keep?
'Cause there's this tune I found
That makes me think of you somehow
When I play it on repeat until I fall asleep
Spilling drinks on my settee

Taehyung gulped from his goblet of wine while listening to one of his favorite songs that clearly states his feelings about her. Upon listening, it gave him strength to just go on her apartment complex, since he already memorized her bio data including her address, and tell her all he'd been dying to say.

The fact that he's playing a song reminded him of her singing. Her voice got stuck on his mind until he woke up early this morning. It came to him like haunted whispers. Sometimes, he's getting goosebumps hearing her voice all of the sudden.

I'm sorry to interrupt,
It's just I'm constantly on the cusp of trying to kiss you
I don't know if you feel the same as I do
But we could be together if you wanted to
Do I wanna know if this feeling flows both ways?
Sad to see you go, I sort of hoping that you'd stay
Baby, we both know that the nights were mainly made
for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day

He was twirling the drink on his goblet, staring at the work of art inside a room with transparent ceiling. The burning passion inside him was getting fed by the music and the sweet wine flavoring his tongue.

If I won't tell it tonight, I might not contain it any longer.

Taehyung closed the door as he left the room and with a simple shout of "shut up", the high-tech music player on the living room stopped.

After dressing himself with simple jeans and black sweatshirt, he was ready to go. But it must be a serendipitous night because the moment he flung his door open, Kang Seulgi was standing there, looking equally surprised and nervous.

Although the music was turned off seconds ago, it's still playing on his mind, which highly influenced his vibe.

"I," she was uncertain what to say. "I'm sorry to intrude but," she took a quick breath, "I was about to knock but you shouted - I thought you somehow heard me," he was just looking at her. "I think we need to talk."

"I thought it was just for a night?" he snapped which took her off-guard.

Seulgi gulped and played with her own hands out of mild anxiety. "I need to tell you something," she said softly. "But first I want to -"

She wanted to utter an apology first but he held her hand and pulled her. "Nevermind. Just come inside," he said, closing the door when she was finally pulled inside.

"Wait, what -" she blurted when he locked the door, "- what are you doing?!"

"I don't know," Taehyung took a step forward then she was leaning against the wall the next second. "I just feel it," he added, lifting his hands to cup her red cheeks. She didn't even try to fight him again. "I want you so.. so bad."

He leaned forward to aim for her lips and like an adrenaline rush, she met his longing lips halfway. Electricity bolted them up through their touched skin. The feeling was too surreal that it appeared to be unrealistic.