08

Nine hours of sleep finally brought back her natural color. It was complimented by her colleagues which put an additional blush on her cheeks. With both countersigns of Junior Architecture and Engineering Department Heads, she passed the approval paper to the Marketing and Finance for the financial access of the project first thing that Saturday morning. For the rest of the day, she had nothing to worry about.

It never escape to her notice that her boss was acting aloof though. Seeing him listening to that song yesterday made her come to a conclusion that he’s suffering a very negative disposition. She won’t be surprised much seeing him cutting his wrist inside his office.

“Does he normally like that?” she cared to ask while having a lunch break with Joe, YooA and three others. “The boss, I meant.”

“What about him?” said the other one with interest.

“He never go out from his office,” she observed then took another spoonful from her meal.

“He’s always busy,” said the same colleague. “Maybe because he doesn’t have a secretary.”

“Yeah. I’ve never seen a boss without a secretary,” she noted. “I wonder what he did to the previous secretary. Did he fire him.. or her?”

“Actually, no,” said YooA with a chuckle. “I’m the previous secretary, eonnie.”

She never thought he’d be that kind to give a previous secretary a position to his team. “Wow. I must say I’m glad he did a good decision.”

“Yeah. He’s a good kid,” Joe intervened while finishing his drink. “Honestly, you sound like you’re having severe opinions about him.”

She immediately took down his accusation with hand gestures that gave them a good laugh. “I really don’t,” she continued. “But I guess he’s a little..”

“A little what?” Joe inquired with anticipation.

Insufferably pesky, she thought but said a lighter adjective. “Snobbish.”

“Trust me,” said another colleague, “every newbie in the office felt like that and that impression will fade off sooner or later.”

Seulgi wanted to kill the topic and simply agreed with what she heard. It was not long before they were ready head back to their office. If only Joe didn’t mention about the gloomy weather, she wouldn’t come up with a decision she put up a risk to regret.

“You guys go first,” she said when they all stood from their seats. “I’ll just buy something.”

They all left her as she wondered what her boss’s current disposition. Sure the weather was a bit depressing, and his venetian blinds were shut since yesterday. The worriment she’s feeling was there, but she never thought why. She was not even against upon feeling worried about him though it seemed not to matter that much.

“A take-out order of Chef’s salad please,” she said on the counter, “with two large pineapple drinks.”

For a couple of minutes she waited for her orders, still contemplating if she’s doing the right decision since it’s not too late to cancel her idea. Until she was finally on their office with a paper bag on hand.

He better not say something. I even bought the most expensive damn salad, she thought after arguing with herself weather to go on his office or not. She knew she wanted to, but her ego kept on pulling her back. But first, she put the other pineapple drink on her table and grabbed a random folder as a prop. She never wanted for her colleagues to know about their personal issues at the first place.