25

Taehyung’s punishment lasted overnight but he managed to handle it as he forced himself to sleep, alone in his cold room. On the other hand, Seulgi slept after reading an article about the false engagement of his boyfriend with someone else. It didn’t hurt anymore, for she knew the truth too well.

It was another typical day next morning, or at least that was what she thought until he called her while in the middle of preparing to leave for work.

“Honey, there’s no work today,” she could feel his teasing grin as he spoke.

“But it’s Friday,” she argued, puzzled with what he was trying to say. “I’m already on my way out.”

“It’s February 1st,” he said after a brief laughter. “It’s our Semi-centennial Foundation Anniversary, remember?”

The crease between her brows ceased upon remembering about the event. “I see,” she sighed, scanning her look on the body mirror. “What a waste – I’m already dressed!”

“Want me to undress you?” he teased, laughing afterwards upon visualizing her taken-aback reaction: the sudden blush on her fluffy cheeks, the adoring frown on her forehead, the childish look of her eyes, and her moist, irresistible pair of lips.

“No thanks,” she managed to find her words. “Why are you calling anyway?”

“Ouch. Don’t need to be blunt,” he chuckled. He could hear her opening her closet. “I forgot to give you the invitation but they’ll let you in if you have your KEY card,” he heard her saying “alright”, “and I won’t be able to escort you – apparently the organizer wants our entrance to be this red-carpet kind of thing.”

“Roughly, you guys are like celebrities,” she commented. “There’s news about you all over the social media,” he could tell she’s already changing and the call was turned into speaker mode, “and you have an image to maintain as the ‘leading heir’ of KEY Corp.,” she continued in which he just laughed off. “What’s funny? It’s a serious matter.”

“Nothing, nothing,” he cleared his throat and opened another topic. “I’ll pick you up at 6:30, alright?”

“Taehyung,” her voice was soft, “you don’t need to. I can drive all the way to the venue.”

“I will pick you up later,” he pushed on. “But for now I gotta be with halmeonnie. She’s having her fitting for tonight.”

Seulgi was finally done changing, but lazy enough to remove her make-up. “Alright. Be careful, eo?” she regarded sweetly.

He smiled, and he knew she would too. “I love you.”

There was a second pause. “I love you too.”

-

It was a cloudy morning but as soon as the short hand of the clock hit two o’clock, the sky started to get cleared, giving way for some sunshine to light up the City. Also, it was a good time for Wendy to drag her best friend out of their apartment.

“I’m telling you, cutting your hair will do you good!” she was protesting thirty minutes earlier while pulling her out of their unit.

“But I don’t want to!” Seulgi protested back.

Wendy won at the end.

The couple of friends had their usual routine whenever they go to the mall: buy Starbucks and walk around for about twenty minutes before actually doing their purpose of why they went there at the first place. Seulgi wasn’t sure about cutting her hair, but she chose to trust her best friend’s judgment.