High School Musical // Matt

(a/n)- HI GUYS HELLO IT'S ME! I just wanted to let you guys know I'm working on the "Reading Your Comments" chapter as we speak. You guys SPAMMED THE HECK OUT OF ME! I love it so much, you guys rule. I never expected to get so many comments and I can't wait to write the responses. It may have to be a multiple part series, seriously you guys beat the heck out of that comment section god bless you all.
ALSO!! Have you noticed we made it to number 54 in the #DeathNote tag ranking?! How cool is that?! Let's make it our mission to get in the top 10. I really want these meme-y writings to be up there with the actual good ones because holy heck that would be funny. SO YEAH LETS TRY TO GET IN THE TOP 10 IF WE CAN I WOULD LOVE THAT.
So yeah! Until I finish the other chapters enjoy whatever the heck this meme is.
This is so rambly I'm sorry.
Until the next a/n~
Gotta Blast 🚀

High School Musical
Matt x Reader
✨✨✨
"I GOTTA GO MY OWN WAAAYY!" Sang a raspy voice throughout the small apartment. You recognized quickly that this drunken, slightly slurring, cigarette-coated voice was none other than Mail Jeevas himself. And only God knows why he was singing a song from High School Musical.
One thing you did know, though, is that Mello would be home any minute now- and if Matt was acting like this when he returned there would be hell to pay.
You padded bare foot out of your shared room with Matt and stood in the corner of the dark, smoke filtered, living room where you spotted him.
Matt. Red hair that was already turning brown at the roots and needed dyed (badly), green eyes that were actually visible as he currently didn't have his goggles on, that same damned striped shirt that you swore he never washed, all put together with an unlit cigarette hanging from dry and thin lips.
Something was off, though.
Was it his goggles not being on?
No, he normally took those off at night.
Was it his singing?
No, he always sang. (Even though he's VERY bad at singing).
Was it his drunken slur?
No, Matt was always drunk.
Was it his crying?
Wait.
Wait.
Crying?
He was crying.
Matt was bawling like a complete idiot and you couldn't make out why.
You quickly sided yourself next to the fake redhead, tilting your head at the salty tears that continued to spill down his cheeks.
"Matty?" You questioned quietly, your voice soft but stern. "Why are you crying? Are you okay?"
"Oh god, (y/n)!" Matt sobbed, throwing his arms around your neck and tugging you into his side. "That Troy Bolton, what a fucktard!"
"Wha-?" You began, but let out a small shriek as the male began to shake you around.
"He thinks he can just give up on Gabriella like that?! After all they've been through?!" Matt was quite literally having a mental breakdown at this point. Although, most people don't have mental breakdowns over cheesy DCOMs. (That's a lie, we all have broken down over a DCOM at least once in our lives).
"Matty it's gonna be okay.." You said as you tried to console the man in front of you, but he was too far gone. In the midst of his three empty bottles of Hennessy, it was pretty obvious he wouldn't be calming down anytime soon.

*

About an hour later the movie was coming to an end, and Matt finally seemed satisfied with what happened. Troy and Gabriella were back together and that's all that seemed to matter to the fake redhead at the time being.
Matt liked the music from the movie and sang every song with his entire heart's passion as the movie went off. He really liked Sharpay and Ryan's songs, especially. Maybe it was something about Sharpay being an angry, sassy, blonde that Matt could relate to.
Soon enough as the credits rolled, the door was kicked in by a particular angry, sassy, blonde. Feathers flew from a faux fur coat that graced the thin shoulders of none other than Mihael Keehl himself.
"Sharpie!" Matt screeched in excitement when he saw the figure trudge through the door. Mello simply offered a grunt in response.
Blue eyes fixated on the small television as the DVD went back to its title screen.
"For God's Sake, Matt.." Mello grumbled as you prepared yourself for yelling about chick flicks and bullets flying across the room. But that's not at all what happened. What happened was something that shocked you, and would shock everyone for generations to come. Something Mello wouldn't dare admit to anyone other than a drunken Matt who wouldn't remember it the next day. Something so surprising and out of character that I'm afraid to be typing what he said in this book for all to see.
"Would you leave my god damn HSM DVD collection the hell alone?!" Mello hissed.

You still can't look at Mello the same way knowing the truth.