Just One Night Couldn't Hurt // L (Pt. 1)

L x Reader Part One
✨✨✨
"Ryuzaki, this is ridiculous." Light mumbled under his breath, watching L peer at the girl across the room from them.
"What is ridiculous? The fact that I wanted to come out and get cake rather than have Watari bring it to me?" L queried, putting the tip of his thumb on his lips.
"No." Light replied. "What's ridiculous is the fact that we're sitting handcuffed in a bakery just so you can stare at some girl. You couldn't have taken off the handcuffs? This probably looks so creepy."
"Creepy?" L mumbled, glancing back at the girl, then quickly darting his eyes back to Light. "I cannot remove the handcuffs, Light-kun. I said I would put you under 24 hour surveillance and I will follow through with that."
"Well if you're planning on picking up that girl, wouldn't you have already thought about the fact that she probably won't like the looks of the cuffs?" Light sighed, taking a sip of the coffee he ordered when they had arrived. "I mean what if you actually wanted to go on a date with her? Would I just come along? Did you think of that?" Light found it odd that L was so interested in this girl.
"Of course I did." L said, pausing for a long moment. "I left the handcuffs on our wrists because as I said you are under surveillance. Besides, why would I want to date her? I don't even know her."
"The fact that you follow her around like a madman made me deduce that you're attracted to her."
There was a long moment of silence between the two.
"You are surprisingly intelligent, Light Yagami."
"Surprisingly? What's that suppose to mean, Ryuzaki?"
"Never mind that." L brushed off Light's question. "I do realize that I may seem fairly... "robotic" with my emotions. That and I am highly intelligent." He paused to look at the girl. "But even I, nor the greatest man that ever lived, can escape the fact that we are only human."
Silence.
Light looked at this mystery girl, then back at L.
"So you like her?" Light asked.
"Define 'like'." L said before turning back to his cake and taking a bite.
"Like you have feelings for her? You are attracted to her? You would possibly like to engage in a relationship with her?" Light asked.
"Yes I am and yes I would." L said. He looked up at Light momentarily before averting his gaze back to his cake.
"Oh." Light said and took another sip of his coffee.
Light knew this girl. He had gone to high school with this girl. Her name is (y/f/n) (y/l/n) and whether she believed it or not every guy- even some girls- she came into contact with had found her absolutely beautiful and intriguing. And like L had said, even he could not escape these feelings.
"Although," L began, twirling his fork in a childish manner. "My mind has no reason to be attracted to this woman. My body is what is attracted to her. Plus, I have no time to engage in a relationship."
Light looked up at L and again, there was a moment of silence between them.
"So you want to sleep with her?"
"Precisely."