Chapter 9

Chapter 9~ nightmare

Luke's POV

It was almost time for lunch and Kendra was still asleep in my arms. I'm not complaining though. I wish we could stay like this forever.

My wishes were demolished when Jay said, "we better wake her up. I know how much she loves her food and if we don't give her any, we're all dead. Well, ur all dead. Not me." After she said that, everyone looked at me.

"Erm. What are you all staring at?" I ask awkwardly.

Jay speaks up again, "take her to me and hers room on this bus. Wake her up there. She loves her sleep just as much she loves her food but I don't think she'll get mad if it's just you waking her up." I nod and start heading for their room. Before I got there, Jay yelled after me, "no baby making!" everyone started laughing and I now knew why Kendra hid after Jay had said that at their flat.

When we get to their room, I set kendra down on the bed. She quickly curled into a ball, holding onto her legs tightly. She started tossing and turning and I wondered what was going on in her beautiful mind...

Before I could even start to wake her up, she sits up quickly and was breathing funny.

I started to worry and when she noticed me sitting at the edge of the bed with an outstretched arm, she went into the farthest corner away from me and I saw her start crying.

I have no clue what just happened...

Kendra's POV

When I saw him there, I got scared.

I saw how confused he looked when I moved away from him as possible but he finally got up and walked out when he realized I was crying.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN SHE'S FUCKING CRYING?! SHE RARELY EVER CRIES!! WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO, LUKE!" I hear JJ yell at, I'm guessing, Luke.

The yelling just made me cry harder.

I heard mumbling and multiple quick footsteps coming closer to me.

JJ and Mikey appear in the doorway and when JJ sees the state I'm in and jumps on the bed and tackles me in a hug, asking what was wrong.

I reply in a shaky voice "b-bad d-d-dream." And burst out crying again.

I hear more muttering from where the rest of the group supposedly are.

She continues hugging me, while Mikey is now rubbing my back, and asks "what about?"

"L-Luke. D-d-dad. Ab-b-busive. H-h-hurts." I stutter.

"What hurts?" Mikey asks.

"H-h-heart." I answer.

"Aww KK! it's alright. Me and Mikey are here. We'll take care of you, don't worry. Why does your heart hurt?"

"I f-feel like L-Luke is g-going to do t-the s-s-same t-thing my d-dad did." I answer threw my sobs.

"KK. He's not going to do that." JJ tries to comfort me.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW?! I THOUGHT MY DAD WOULD NEVER DO WHAT HE DID BUT HE DID! I HAVE NO CLUE IF SOMEONE ELSE WOULD DO THAT TO ME, BUT WITH MY LUCK, IT PROBABLY WILL! I'LL JUST END UP LIKE I AM NOW!" I scream at JJ, getting out of our hug.

Mikey looked stunned that I screamed and JJ calmly said, "I know your upset so I'm going to let the yelling slide. Don't do it again," I nod slowly and she continues, "KK, I won't let anyone hurt you. And if someone does hurt you, I'll have to kill a pillow 'cause I don't want to be separated from you like Sandra and her sister had to go threw for murdering someone." I let her words sink in and nod my head again.

"Thank you" I say, just below a whisper. I then hug her tightly. She hugs me back.

"Well, it's lunch time. Do you want me to make you a plate of food and bring it back here?" JJ asks. I'm so happy I have her as my big sister/best friend/ twin. I mumble a 'yes please' and she gets up to get me food. Before she leaves she turns around and says "Mikey. Stay with her." And he nods.

Mikey's POV

I hate seeing her upset. I had no clue about what they were talking about half the time but I was still worried about her. She is my little sister, of course.

Jaymi's POV

I walk into the kitchen and everyone looks at me.

"I'm just getting her food." I tell everyone and start making her plate of food.

"I heard her yell. What was that about? I thought she never wanted anyone to yell or scream...?" Niall asked.

"Nightmare" is all I said and looked around the room to find Luke. He must be so confused... I'm going to explain everything to him once I give Kendra her food. "Where's Luke?" I asked the others.

Calum spoke up and said, "I think he went back to his bunk. He was really upset when you yelled at him. He thinks it's his fault that she's upset."

"Ok thanks." I say over my shoulder, heading back to Kendra and I's room. When I get there, Mikey isn't in the room but Luke. She's crying and in the corner again, with her head in her hands, while Luke is trying to comfort her and ask what was wrong and how he could make it better.

"Get. Out." I said harshly, not caring if it hurt his feelings or not. I calmed her down and he just upset her even more now!

He looks over to me with pain all over his face. I say again, "Get. Out. Now" and he nods, looking down and walks out.

I go over to Kendra with the food and once she smelt it, she stopped crying and took it from my hands, then started eating. I laughed a little at her sudden change in mood.

Oh the wonders food could do...

"Can you explain to him what's going on?" she asked me.

I nodded and asked, "are you okay?" she nods and nudges her head to the door as if to say 'go talk to him and let me eat alone.' I laugh and nod, getting off the bed and towards the direction Luke went.

Luke's POV

I feel so alone without her in my arms.

I feel like I made her cry.

I feel pathetic.

I would go on but Jaymi walked in the room I'm in. I don't dare meet her eyes.

She's the first to speak, "you do realize that this wasn't your fault, right?" I shake my head no. She continues, "she had a nightmare. She's afraid she's going to get hurt again." That made me look up and speak, "again?" I ask. She nods. I just want her to love me... like, like I love her.

"She loves you. I want you to realize that. And if you do hurt her, I'm going to hurt you twice as bad. Got that clear?" and I nod, smiling to myself, looking down.

She loves me...