Chapter 14

Chapter 14~ visits

Luke's POV

"Jay... it was terrible!" I say, sobbing into Jaymi's shoulder and continue, "she wouldn't answer or look at me when I called her name! Her face was turning bright red and when I tried to check her pulse... th-th-there wasn't o-one! Sh-sh-she fell to the ground!"

She rubs my back but doesn't say anything. I feel selfish cause I know Jay feels sad also. We both don't know if she's going to be okay.

Michael is crying in the corner of the waiting room. He has his knees pulled to his chest, arms rapped around his legs, and he's hiding his face.

I pull away from Jay and sit in a chair and put my face in my hands.

I hear someone clear their throat and I look up. It's the doctor, Dr. Jennifer Daily. I'm guessing she's here to give the check up again. I rush over to her to get the update.

"She has woken up. You can visit her just be careful." She tells us.

We begin to walk towards Kendra's room before she stops us, "and be prepared that there may be a possibility of memory loss." And with that she walks away.

We all rush to her room and see her sitting in her bed, reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

"That was the book she was reading in 7th grade..." Jaymi muttered.

"Shh" Kendra says to quiet us.

She places her bookmark in the book and closes it. She looks up at us and makes a face.

"Kendra..." Jaymi begins before she gets cut off my Kendra.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were in California with your phone taken away?" Then she looks at me, "and when I read your tweet saying that you were gay, I was crushed." Then she turned to Michael, "where have you been for the past 2 years?"

No one knew what to say. Then she started speaking again, "AND FOR HEAVENS SAKES WHERE IS TANNER AND MY BROTHERS?!"

"But... I'm your brother..." Michael says slowly.

"No! A brother wouldn't abandon me like that!" She yells at him.

"KK... I got my phone back a while ago-" Jaymi begins but gets cut off again by Kendra.

"So you decided to just not talk to me again then show up in my hospital room when I'm the furthest I've ever gone with suicide?!" She screams at Jaymi. Jaymi backs away and that's when I start talking.

"Kendra, why in the world would you want Tanner? I'm your boyfriend. Not Tanner."

"Tanner is my boyfriend! And you're just some singer from a band I used to love until I lost the only person who I could talk to about. And you're just a dream. You're a dream come true that will never happen to me so if you would all get out of my room so I can call my ACTUAL family and ACTUAL boyfriend." And with that, we left her room.

24 hours pass

Kendra's POV

I hear someone enter my room and then my youngest brother, Peyton's voice, "KENDRA!"

"PETEY!!!" I say back to him, opening my arms for him to run into. He rushes over to my bed and wraps his arms around me.

I look towards the hallway and see Tanner standing there, looking handsome even with a black eye.

"Petey..." I whispered in his ear. "Yeah?" He mutters into my shoulder. "Get off me so I can see Tanner." He gets off of me and Tanner rushes over, putting his hand on my cheek. He wraps my arms in the loving way he always has and I feel myself starting to cry.