Chapter 16

Chapter 16~ welcome back surprise!

One week later

Kendra's POV

"I'm so glad to have you back!" Jaymi says as I run up and hug her at the airport.

"Where's the guys and izzy?" I whisper to her. Did I mention I lost my voice? Oh. Well. I did.

And it sucks ducks.

"Why are you whispering? And they are back at the hotel. I didn't tell them that you're coming. I wanted it to be a surprise." She says.

"I lost my voice." I continue to whisper. "Can we get Starbucks?" I ask with a cheesy smile.

"Of course. I know not to get between you and Starbucks!!" She knows me so well.

• • •

Once we got Starbucks we headed towards the hotel.

It was silent most of the way until Jaymi asked, "how did your dad react when you said you were leaving?"

"Not very well. I told him I was going to visit mum for a while since I didn't get to see her barely at all while I was in the hospital." I said.

"So you lied to him?" She asks. I nod.

Luke's POV

One month. Two weeks. That's how long it's been without her.

I honestly don't know how I survived.

Jaymi said that she was going for a drive like 2 hours ago.

We've all been worried about her.

She would sleep in the living room, thinking that Kendra was just out and would be back any minute. She wanted to be there when Kendra came. She would wake up in the middle of the night, screaming. Brad always came and brought her to his room after that.

We've switched cities. Right now we're in Dhubi, UAE, where Kendra's mum and her boyfriend live.

I sit down on the couch and stare at the wall. I grab my phone and plug in my earbuds. I then go to my playlist and click on I'm Lost Without You by Blink 182.

• • •

I've been sitting here for about 20 minutes. All I've been doing was listening to I'm Lost Without You and I Miss You by Blink 182.

They remind me of her.

Maybe I should just move on.

I close my eyes and think about it.

It's not a good idea.

What if she comes back?

She doesn't want you.

Shut up subconscious. You don't know what she wants.

Neither do you.

God I hate you. Your so annoying.

And your insane.

"Luke." I heard someone whisper my name. It sounds like her so I'm just not going to open my eyes. I'm probably just imagining it.

"Luke." I heard her voice say it again.

I felt someone get on my lap and kiss my cheek.

Only her kisses feel that soft...

I open my eyes and I see her. I ACTUALLY SEE HER! I hope this isn't just some messed up joke the guys or even Jaymi or my subconscious is playing on me. Isabelle's too nice to do anything like that.