Chapter 9: a New Day

Chapter 9: A New Day

The sun rose that day in Tyr Rian or more specifically the UFE Colony New Albany as the Root Family prepare for a new day. Obediah's Wife, Leah had spent the early morning dark time of that day packing foodstuff into the truck. The Root Family Farmstead had several vegetables that were in stock before their trip across space that they keep as spare food to be eaten or sold for trade. They range from Corn, Tomatoes, Bell Peppers and Red Chili's. The Family, once they got their Greenhouse running will be planting and harvesting these foods around the clock. Ms. Root hoped that she can sell the produce in the weekly Farmer's Market in Tyr Rian that day. With the help of her husband they boarded over a dozen crates into the truck.

"Are we ready to go?" Obediah asked from behind the driver's seat.

"Yeah honey that's all of them." Leah smiled.

"Mommy! I am going to school now!" April exclaimed as she barged outside, surprising her parents.

"You have fun and stay safe in Elementary dear." Her mother waved goodbye.

The only child of the Root Family kissed both of her parents in the cheek before she ran off to her school, which at least temporarily will be held inside the Eodem until construction will be complete. As Obediah was about to start his truck for his trip, his radio called.

"Hey Obed, you ready for the day?" Kayin said as he pulled over the Stryder Group's Land Cruiser behind the truck.

"Yeah, hey this market shit got me beat. Say the plan again El-Tee?" asked Obediah.

"Were going to check out this 'Adventurer's Guild' building Iris talks about. Says that it contains 'Quests' that relays the problems and other things that happens around Tyr Rian. Command wants us to gain the trust of the natives and to acquire currency and materials from within the UFE's 'New Frontier' and to be honest with you guys, we might have to redefine it with all these 'Aliens' we be seeing." Kayin relays.

The Engineer restarted the engine of the Land Cruiser as he began to follow the Root Family Truck towards the friendly Medieval Fantasy City.

"Do we have call the humans born here 'Aliens'? I mean they are basically us, right?" Crocker questioned as he ducked below the machine gun port.

"Yeah but by definition they are not of our origins Lewis. I don't even know why and how this can be even possible." Kayin questioned himself. He lowered his head down to the driver's wheel in confusion before focusing again on the road.

"Well, after the Guild we can pass by the Library. I think they keep some old text books about Gliesia you would love to hear." Iris proposed.

"That sounds great Iris. You know guys, what does this seems to be like the beginning of a Final Fantasy Game?" Samantha said.

"What makes you say that El-Tee?" asked Kayin asked.

"Well, we are in a fantasy world first of all. We need to understand the Lore and creatures that inhabit this planet. Then we go do 'Quests' and gain 'Experience' and that shit. I am still quite the geek even after Officer School." Samantha said.

"Ha! Throw in a Dragon keeping treasure and a pretty princess or a Demon Lord trying to start the apocalypse and it's definitely a Final Fantasy game." Crocker commented.

"Wait if that's the case... that means you're the 'Party Leader'?" Vincent questioned.

"Yes! No do what I say Thief." She spitefully hissed, making the Penal Soldier cringe as he recoiled backwards.