Chapter 35: the Tyr Rianni Mission

The Palais du Parlement, was perhaps the earthiest building in Clovich has seen so far in Geneva. The city surrounded an entire pristine lake whose crystalline waters matched with the shimmering spires and neon lights that glittered the skyline. Once called the Palais des Nations by the UFE's predecessor, the United Nations, the building remained untouched outside of the occasional restorative works every so often by the UFE Government. The Palace is a white stone building situated in the middle of a park that oversees Lake Geneva with a clear view of the French Alps. Littering the grounds, the Tyr Rianni Mission saw dozens upon dozens of Flags flying highly above their flagpole horizontally.

He made several passing comments about so many of the quirks the Earthlings had that he observed based on his experience dealing with the folks of New Albany to Prime Minister Bousquet who has been escorting them on foot to the Palace ever since his arrival.

The Prince of Tyr Rian talked about how they were so religiously obsessed with Cleanliness, oftentimes refusing several articles of material unless sterilized based on his observations with Earthling Merchants interacting with his own. The Prime Minister's response is that Health is important to the Earthlings as it was one of their insights that allows them to remain physically and aesthetically superior compared to the more disheveled Ysanigrad Natives since Elves also have a similar albeit less refined conceptualization of personal hygiene. No wonder the Earthlings, even most surprisingly, their werytadan or commoners, who are just as fair as their affluent noblesadan.

When Clovich asked about all the strange contraptions and gizmos that litter Geneva's streets like metal carriages, their titanic spires and glimmering cloaks of iridescent light, Bousqet says that it was all the byproducts of years upon years of development. Not even the Elves or the Dwarves could match such technological might as Clovich recounts. He is a bit shaken by the incessant pelts of flashing lights that followed his every step. According to the Prime Minister, those are recording devices called 'Cameras'.

After walking down the green fields in front of the Palais du Parlement's grounds, Clovich saw at the end of the walkway a blue draped stage with a speaker's stand laying at the center of it. Behind the stage are flags, dozens of them all unfurled equally as they are mighty.

To think such a nation could command the allegiance of so much more was fantastical and justly terrifying to behold. Hearing and seeing the roaring and gazing crowds fixed to the strange man in the most wondrous interpretation of a Medieval Noble did make him quite flattered to be the center of attention for once. Tyr Rian was always overlooked for the more glamorous cities of the Empire like Haringpoint and Souviel who attract the more affluent of merchants and travelers. Now that he did question several of these marvels and is now currying to win these Otherworlder's favors, he will, he must learn what they know to his advantage.

"Please sit here Prince Clovich, the Prime Minister needs to make a speech before he introduces you to the entire world." Isabel gestured her arm to an unoccupied chair.

Clovich and two of his trusted bodyguards complied and took their seats as his guide instructed.

The Prime Minister meanwhile broke off from the Prince's vicinity and approached the stand, making one final check on his tie for maximum presentation for a high-profile individual such as himself.

"In the long history of Mankind, when we first ascended towards the cosmos centuries ago. There was one question that enamored artists, scientists and every child alike..." Bousquet began to speak.

The cheering crowd's silence as their gaze was fixed towards the UFE's Prime Minister.

"Are we alone in the Universe?" he phrased the ground-shattering question that heralds across all of the lands will mark as the beginning of a new age in Interstellar Exploration.