The Sphere Part 2

Zephaniah

I feel a sharp pain in my left arm. I wonder what it is, what's going on?

All through this I'm having nightmares. All of them are filled with blood, paralysis, death, screams.

My eyes open. I'm laying on a cold white table in the middle of a spherical room. I get up. There's dried blood on my left arm, under a sharp cut. Looking around, I see my room is pretty plain. There's a screen the wall, plus a door next to it with a hole in it. By the hole is a plate of food, which I eat quickly and push it back through the hole. When I'm done, the screen begins to buzz. It comes on with a zing! noise. A hooded figure fills the screen.

"Hello Zeph, how are you doing?" Nashesh asks.

"Your voice sounds wimpy without that echo thing, maybe you should put that back on." I say, turning my back on the screen.

"I can't waste all my power on making myself sound good, can I? I have something to tell you." he says.

"Go on."

"Your family think you're dead. I layed a decoy body for them to find. That should be good." I hold my breath. Nashesh has underestimated my family. They'll know where to check.

"One more thing. They aren't coming for you. I dispatched Crawlers to dispose of them."

I punch the screen. It shatters, glass raining down on my fist. It's bleeding badly, but I don't care.

Nashesh will pay for what he has done.