The Maze

TWO DAYS LATER 

John

It takes two more days to reach Nashesh's lair. It turns out it's on the outskirts of Cantanena, not actually in it. Somehow, we must find a way inside.

This looks nigh impossible, seeing as it is a fortified castle. Not a big one, but still fairly grand.

"John. Down there, there's an entrance into a basement." Hab whispers.

We all go over to it.

It's just a small tunnel serving as an access vent.

"They should really block that up." Genesis murmurs.

"Looks like we'll be crawling through. Hab, you go first." I say. Hab nods, then crawls easily into the tunnel. Genesis goes next, followed by Joseph, Zeph's dad. Then me. The tunnel is small and cramped, I can only just fit through. We emerge in some sort of storage basement.

"Let's try and get on one of the upper levels." Genesis says. I lead the way through the tunnels.

We turn the corner to see a naked girl in a tank.

"Woah. I did not expect to see that down here." Hab says.

"God, that's one of the victim's souls. Thats an illusion." I murmur. We move on.

Dotted around are more souls in tanks. Most I recognize, some I don't.

"That's Steele!" Hab exclaims. I turn to see the man suspended in the weird blue gel on the wall.

"Just move on!" Genesis snaps, poking him in the back.

We do.