Chapter 13:) Obliviate

13

•••Haydens POV•••

I'm absolutely insane. Absolutely bonkers. I'm losing it. Crazy. It's totally crazy.

I do not fancy Cedric!

" I've been telling myself this for the past ten minutes Daphne " I said pacing my room.

" Hayden stop. You're creating a draft. " Daphne groaned. She dug the spoon in the frosting can and ate it.

" I'm insane right? " I asked. Knocking continued on the door.

" Hayden let me in! " Cedric yelled.

" go away " I yelled back. More banging. I groaned loudly. " Daphne help me "

" what am I supposed to do? " she asked.

" help me understand what I feel! " I yelled sitting on the bed beside her. I took her spoon of frosting.

" I was going to suggest obliviating your memory of your 'feelings' " she said adding air quotes around the word. I smiled. It was my devil smile. The good idea smile.

" Hayden I was joking " she said noticing my grin.

" I'm not. " she scoffed and grabbed her spoon back. " Daphne, if I have feelings for Cedric then our entire friendship could be ruined. I can't have that. "

She stared at me with a look of uncertainty.

" please. As my best friend " I said giving her a puppy face.

" oh so now I'm your best friend? " she asked.

" when it comes to boys then yes. Cedric just says 'all boys suck and you should just avoid dating us' " I said, imitating his voice. She frowned at me. She murmured something under her breath but I couldn't hear. I frowned. " Daphne... please. Imagine how proud Uncle James would be " I said nudging her.

" and how disappointed my mum would be " she snapped. I held my hands up in defense.

" Hayden! " Cedric banged on the door. I opened the door.

" I'm sorry. She's not here right now. Please hold " and slammed the door in his face.

" HAYDEN REGULUS BLACK! " he yelled banging on the door.

" Daphne... please! " I begged. She sighed.

" fine. " I sighed. " come here " I sat across from her as she pulled out her wand. " okay just stay still " I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath. She pointed her wand at me " and think about what you want to forget "

I thought about it. My stomach churned and my face burned as I did so.

I fancy Cedric.

" obliviate " she whispered. A wave of air rushed over me. " do you remember? "

" remember what? Why are you pointing your wand at me? " she sighed. It sounded relieved. What just happened? " Daphne what just happened? "

There was banging on the door.

" Who's there? " I called.

" very funny Hayden. Let me in " it was Cedric.

" why is he locked out? " I asked Daphne. She plopped herself on my bed as I went to open the door " you could've just came in you know "

" you locked me out " he said walking in.

" no I didn't. Why would I lock you out? " I asked, sitting next to Daphne. She sat up.