Chapter 29:) Marlene Mckinnon-Black

29

" hi mum. I'm back. I know dad was here earlier but I couldn't come with him. I'll explain later. I brought someone with me today. The same someone as usual. "

" hello Marlene " Cedric said, waving at her tombstone. I smiled. He continued setting up the blanket and the picnic basket.

Every year on the anniversary of my mother's death Cedric takes me to her grave with a picnic. We have dinner and talk to my mum telling her about the past year of my life.

It became a tradition to read one of her poems every year we go. Uncle Remus said she was a very talented poet and thought it would be nice to read them to her. So we have her poetry journal buried underneath the food.

I always dress my best for this every year. I wanted her to see me at my best. Not some sad little depressed girl. But a mature grown up woman.

Usually Remus comes with Cedric and I but for the past six years he's been letting us come by ourselves

We also visit Uncle James and Aunt Lily before we go back to school. But it wasn't as important as visiting my mum. Sure I love visiting my aunt and uncle but they weren't blood related. Well technically they were because my mum and James were cousins but you know... distant cousins.

" so this past year has been a rollercoaster. " I said sitting down on the blanket. Cedric sat behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into his lap. I cuddled up to him. " seriously it's been so chaotic I'm surprised I haven't punched more people. "

" I'm her human punching bag " Cedric said with a grin. I chuckled and kissed his cheek.

" yes and thank you for that. So Remus taught at Hogwarts last year. Defense Against the Dark Arts. He was the best teacher we've ever had. It was great having him so close. Except for when he gave me detentions. That was just awkward.

" And I know you know dad broke out of Azkaban so the school year was even more chaotic because of that. But it was nice. Everyone avoided me. Even Cedric "

" I said I was sorry about that " Cedric muttered. I smiled at him.

" I know. It's just fun to tease you about it. " he rolled his eyes and leaned back on his hands. I picked up a handful of grass and picked at it as I spoke. " so anyways, Dad broke into the castle on my birthday and so because Dumbledore thought people would bully me he made me stay inside Gryffindor tower for like three weeks. It sucked.

" And I had a boyfriend but we don't need to talk about him right now. We're upset with him right now. I'll explain later. But if you could haunt him that'd be great "

" Hayden "

" I'm not sorry. " Cedric chuckled and I continued. " so then December. Cedric thought it'd be a good idea to avoid me to help get him out of the friend zone. So we didn't talk for about six months "