i . pride and ego

+YEJI'S POV

"Yeji, you need to date. Ever since you were in high school, all you focused on was school, school, and more school. Now you're a sophomore in college, DATEEEE!" My friend Hyesun nudged my arm as she interrupted my reading before class begun.

"Shhh, I'm focusing on this book now. Let me read in peace."

"Should I set you up with someone?" She wiggled her eyebrows. "What about that handsome senior, Hwang Minhyun?"

"H-Hwang Minhyun?!" I turned to look at her with wide stunned eyes. "Aha that's not possible, I thought he was dating someone. I don't think I'm the type of girl he likes."

"Pssh, that Lee Sora made up false rumors. Minhyun is still single as the last pringle in the container. I think her ex-boyfriend really traumatized her due to their breakup during high school. She's doing too much honestly."

"Oh...hm...I don't know." I was very unsure how to respond to her sudden question.

"My boyfriend knows him, so maybe he can hook the two of you. Hm, what do you say." She gave me a slight smirk.

A date with Hwang Minhyun?! Wow... I suddenly shook the thought away. It was too good to even think about. "I have to study for the exam next month, I can't have any distractions." I shoo'ed her away.

"Awww, Yejiiii please for meee!" Hyesun rubbed the two of her hands together, pleading me to accept her request.

"Hyesun!" Daniel waved to his girlfriend as he came to our table with coffee and doughnuts.

"FOOD!" Hyesun exclaimed. "Thanks bae."

"You're lucky to have a boyfriend who buys you food everyday." I scrunched my nose at the sight in front of me. "My ass can't relate."

"Then date!"

"Should I set a date with you and Minhyun hyung." Daniel asked me too.

"I-" I began but I was immediately interrupted by Hyesun.

"Wait I have an idea. Shhh, don't say anything and hear me out."

I obviously knew I had no choice but to listen to my best friend.

"We'll set you up with one date, and the both of you can see how it goes. If you two don't like each other, then you don't have to see him anymore."

I thought about her plan carefully.

"Minhyun's a really nice guy, so I don't think you'll regret it." Daniel smiled.

"Fine, I'll agree just because of you." I eyed my friend.

"Bless your soul." She giggled. "Finally I might actually see you be lovey dovey with a guy."

"Now hold up, we don't know about that yet."

Before I could continue, I heard a couple of the female students chirp in unision as Kim Seokjin entered the classroom along with his friends Min Yoongi, Kim Namjoon, and Jung Hoseok.

"Those girls over there have been crushing on him since high school. They need to get a life." Daniel rolled his eyes.

"Why? Are you jealous?" Hyesun poked his arm. "In my eyes you're more handsome than him."

"Well obviously, but I mean think about it. He hasn't dated anyone, he's a good student, and he's wealthy. Yet, they act as if he's gonna pick one of them a day later and ask them on a date."

"I'll say there's three options. One, he has no interest in anyone. Two, he likes someone, and is waiting to ask her, and he's really shy. Or three, he's gay." Hyesun's eyes followed Jin to his seat.

"He's like the male version of our dear Lee Yeji." Daniel laughed. "He doesn't date, she doesn't date."

"Ha...ha, very funny." I imitated a fake laughter.

"That guy loves himself more than he could love anyone else." I glanced at Jin with the corner of my eye.

"Right."

"Especially with the 'I'm so handsome.'" I mocked his voice. "Or the 'I radiate more beauty and light than the sun does.'" I cringed at myself as I spoke those words.

"I don't think I've ever seen him say the words I love you to another person." Daniel pondered. "He's only said it to the mirror in the guys bathroom. That was quite embarrassing for me to even hear."

"That's basically himself." Hyesun scoffed. "I feel sorry to whoever he'll marry in the future."

"Same, such a shame. He'll just waste his handsome looks like that." I tsk'ed.

━━━━━━━━━

AUTHOR'S NOTE~

Another fan fiction...oof I need to stopped. Well as you can tell this is about the eldest BTS member, Kim Seokjin.

Hope you enjoy the story and what's to come!

-rura